“Great place for women traveling alone.”

Days Inn Sturbridge
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was traveling from New Jersey to Maine with my cat. Because I was alone on this trip, I was looking for a hotel with an indoor entrance. I arrived at the hotel about 2 hours early and was aloud to check right in. The woman at the registration desk was great. She located a room that had been already cleaned (because of my early arrival) and got me and my cat into it quickly. It was a solo room but there was plenty of room and it was very clean. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room but I really didn't need them. I would suggest you ask while making reservations in you want them. In the morning, there was a quick breakfast, gas up at the Station in front of the hotel, and on to Maine. It was a safe and comfortable experience. I would especially recommend it for women traveling alone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Michael_Bruley, Manager at Days Inn Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned our hotel is in a safe location which is good for all types of travelers. The police in this town are amazing and do a great job of frequently making visits to all of the hotels in order to deter criminal activity. This is why our staff and guests feel comfortable. We have cameras running on property 24 hours with someone watching them also so that they are able to quickly alert police to any suspicious activity but honestly I can tell you that we have not had any issues since I have been here. Very safe location compared to other properties I have managed.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Sturbridge isn't big by any means, but we spent an hour looking for this hotel! It's a ways out of town and sort of hiding.
Our stay was short as we were road tripping, but the bed was moderately comfy and it had that old familiar motor inn smell. Strangely comforting? The guy at the desk was really nice and welcoming. Decent delivery menu. Sturbridge is a cute little town that warrants some exploration.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank meghangw
Michael_Bruley, Manager at Days Inn Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2015

Thank you for your review. We have made many chances since you last stayed with us here. Hope to have you back.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I had a wheel bearing go on my SUV while traveling on the MA pike. Got off the highway and made it into the lot of this Days Inn. Night clerk was great, ended up giving us a mini-suite for my family at the regular room rate. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. It had a mini-fridge and microwave. We checked out at 12pm but my vehicle wasn't finished being repaired until 4:30pm so we spent the afternoon in the lobby, breakfast area and pool area. They have free wifi around the property which helped pass the time. Staff was polite and friendly. Hopefully I won't ever need to stay here again (no more car problems) but I would if the situation called for it. I think this would be a good stop if someone was driving long distances and needed a break.

Stayed: July 2014

We are sorry to hear about your vehicle troubles but are glad that you were able to make it here so you had a place to stay. Should you travel to the area with friends or family Old Sturbridge Village is really close to us and you may want to consider spending a day there. If you do, please keep us in mind.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent one night here while traveling from vacation. The price was good. It was fine. The room was Clean and very basic. Breakfast was minimalist, but fine for the price. The pool and fitness areas were outside. The staff was friendly and responsive.

Room Tip: There are a number of smoking rooms, so if you want non smoking, ask for it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We would like to let you know that we have taken your review into serious consideration. Over the last year we have made many changes to our breakfast. Many upgrades = More value for your money. We appreciate you taking the time to review us. :-)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stopped in here just for one night and I regret that we didn't go one stop further on the highway to a better hotel. The man at the desk was polite, but the room was a big disappointment, especially for Days Inn and the price that we paid. The room was very small and there were stains on the carpet. The bedspread looked as if it had been around for several decades. The TV screen was quite small and it was placed on top of a free-standing wardrobe, so the only place to view it comfortably was laying on the bed to watch. There was only one chair in the room (there really was no more room for another one). The bathtub was either stained from age, or just not cleaned properly. The air conditioner did work fine, however. The hotel itself is WAY off the road and you have to drive past an old boarded-up hotel and a truckstop to even get to this Days Inn. The free breakfast didn't have a very good selection of food either. Do yourself a favor and drive a few miles down the road to find another hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are sorry that you had a bad experience with us during your last stay. We would like to let you know that we have taken your review into consideration and have made multiple changes to the hotel. We now have a large flat screen television in all of our rooms which many of our guests feel adds to the value. Also, we have made upgrades to the breakfast. As far as the abandoned building at the entrance, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that. The building is not owned by us and the town will not allow us to tear it down because the wood is historic. We have been fighting them for years and it is an ongoing battle. We hope you will decide to give us a second chance. Call and ask for Mike to get a special one time rate.