Publick House Historic Inn
Super 8 Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$100
US$144
Hampton.com
Scottish Inn Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
US$73
Priceline
US$81
US$77
Travelocity
All reviewsbake shopsticky bunspublic houseturkey dinnerthe main dining roomnew englandbread basketbaked goodsclam chowderstep back in timecoffee and pastriesprime ribpot roastmodern conveniencesold sturbridge villagewedding weekendbed was very comfortable
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I wish I had had the $45 coupon for the night in the Lodge from the reviewer who said "good value" as we would have felt much better about our stay.
While the original inn and tavern are lovely historic buildings, the lodge is in sore need of remodeling, new plumbing, fixtures and hot water would have been nice. However it was clean.
The food in the Tavern was good, every dish seemed old fashioned "stick to your ribs" fare which matches the ambience. Service was ok at bar and restaruant. The Bake Shoppe had some nice goodies. Recommend an overnight stay at another place and come here for a drink, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Not in the lodge
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A P
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband & I stayed here for a weekend get away. This place has outstanding customer service from the front desk to the bakery. Everyone was extremely easy to talk to and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and stocked up on everything. The main restaurant has a nice menu selection and service was great. This was our second time staying here and we would highly recommend this place to anyone that enjoys to relax, go antiquing or even to just get away for a night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We went for my wife's birthday. She choose the tavern for her birthday dinner. We have gone several times in the past. This time was not horrible. I am giving this a poor rating because of the service. My wife and I ordered french onion soup. The tall, old, blond watress went on and on about how the soup was made with Grueyre cheese instead of swiss. I watched her write the order on the slip. Next thing we knew the main course was served. The soup was never mentioned again, and it was not on our bill. The tall, old, blond watress visited the table next to us 5 times and only came to ours once. We never had our water filled and we were thirsty as the food was very salty. I would be hesitant to go back again and I would tell people to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed in the Lodge, using a walk-in rate coupon for $45. Could tell the room had been updated somewhat recently. The king bed was terrific; better than many I've stayed in in pricey hotels. All the other room amenities were good, as was the size of the room. Plus, a good dog-friendly property. Plenty of room for walking. Bathroom fixtures weren't modern, but plenty functional.

Room Tip: not sure if all the rooms in the Lodge have been modernized, so best to inquire at check-in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed here recently for a wedding that was being held in the main building. I stayed in one of the lodge rooms located in the back of the property.

The wedding venue itself located in one of the large dining rooms in the main building. It was beautifully decorated and had a great holiday feel to it. The staff working the wedding was very professional and friendly. Everyone had a great time.

The lodge room that we spent the night in however was a whole different story. It was badly dated and in need of a lot of work. The wallpaper was old, ugly and peeling off the walls. The ceilings had water stains on them. There is almost no lighting in the room and makes the dark and shadowy feel of the room even worse.

I am not sure if the rooms in the main building are nicer as I did not see them but I would not recommend staying in the lodge rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building which are much more expensive or not on this property would be a good choice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple