Publick House Historic Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Green Acres Motel(Sturbridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsbake shopsticky bunspublic houseturkey dinnerthe main dining roomnew englandbread basketbaked goodsclam chowderstep back in timecoffee and pastriesprime ribpot roastmodern conveniencesold sturbridge villagewedding weekendbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pros:
-Dog friendly
-Affordable
-Close to Brimfield Flea Market and other attractions
-Free coffee and pastries in the morning

Cons:
-Front desk staff did not have any information on Brimfield Flea Market (it was our first time going, is apparently one of the biggest flea markets in the country and a major tourist attractions, and the desk staff looked confused when I requested a map of the market or other information).
-Request for an early check-in not honored (it was pouring rain and we had our dog and did not want to take her outside... they took my phone number and said they would call when the room was ready... they never called... when I returned 3 hours later at 3:15pm -- 15 minutes after their stated check-in time -- they said they would "see if the room is ready yet" In other words, they didn't even remember that I had been there several hours earlier, called first thing that morning, etc.).
-Rooms in need of an update. Also very dark... the lighting is very low, giving it a "dingy" feeling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Just loved staying here. Room 4 in the main house. The room was amazing. I felt like Patrick Henry or Thomas Jefferson had just checked out. The wide pine floors, poster bed and small desk all help create the colonial feel.
The restaurant was also very good. This too was very well decorated to also give the feel that you are enjoying a meal in 1770. Huge fireplace from ceiling to floor and at least 12' long.
If you love history and like to dream what it would be like to live during that time, stay here, it's incredible.....

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Brusta60
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Public House for 2 nights. A family wedding was held at the Inn. The facility was classic old New England. The wedding was beautiful, the food wonderful. The carmel pecan rolls (available at every meal) were addictive

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EllenH27250
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Due to cut in funds, my family for the day; of 3, loved all the food, even passed on the sweet treats that looked perfect in appearance.
Two of us Loved the strata, the bacon was cooked well, the omelets ordered per request w/ the avail choices, and looked like one meal in itself.
My research prior to reservations, showed restaurant complaints on structure aging and needing repair. Not in my opinion. We toured most floors & rooms, grounds were beautiful. Paid over $50, for 3 Easter Buffet plus non-alcohol drinks.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AngelFinds
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family spent Eadter at the Publick House. It was disgusting! Not only was the food to warm or cold it was just nasty. Cheat quality food. Water logged shrimp, soggy warm salad, cold can clam chowder, frozen desserts everything was gross. Getting a up of coffee was hell. One creamer for a table of 18.
My family looks forward to getting together for Easter. We travel from NY, Conn.and Mass. To be together. My family is kind enough to treat everyone. You should be ashamed and embarrassed. We will never come back or recommend your Inn to everyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family