“above & beyond”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were traveling in the wee hours of the morning and had to stop somewhere to sleep. The first hotel we stopped at in Sturbridge was the Host -but left after smelling cigarette smoke and wet dog odors in the room. The next place we stopped at was the Comfort Inn. The room we were in was very clean and very comfortable! We didnt have time to stop to eat before our trip, so my wife was restless and hungry and couldnt sleep right away, she decided to walk around the hotel for a bit. The front desk person, Doreen, was very friendly and concerned and inquired if everything was ok with the room. My wife explained it was wonderful, but she was too hungry to sleep. Then a beautiful thing happened - Doreen had just finished the breakfast set up in the dining room and offered to let us in early to get something (although it wasnt due to open for hours) Of course the hot food wasnt available - but the cold breakfast items were perfect - fruit, muffins, cereal, toast, juice! Just what we needed! I've traveled a lot and I dont believe I've had such wonderful hospitality displayed before. Doreen went above & beyond to be sure we were comfortable and happy. We will certainly return here on our travels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ssean738

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Our stay here this weekend with our family of four ( two young girls) was very pleasant. The room was spacious and clean as was the bathroom. The beds were super comfy and the place was nice and quiet even though we were fairly close to the elevator.

The pool was clean and the hours are very accomodating.

The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch and plentiful and the ladies who work there take a lot of pride in the facility.

Would recommend the hotel but keep an eye on the bill for a safe deposit add on charge that was never discussed. Challenged it and it was taken off.

While in the area, visited Old Sturbridge Village which does warrant a visit. It is even better than I remember from my childhood. Had a great meal at the Publick house. Everything was fabulous there up to and including the bakery. Also ate at the Thai Place which was wonderful.

Room Tip: Standard room was very ample.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Friendly front desk. Nice area for free hot breakfast in the morning. It also functions as a bar for the evenings. Pool and hot tub. Minimal workout room. Large rooms but sparsly furnished. Would have been nice to have a comfy chair instead of 2 spartan chairs. Convieient to get to right off of I84. Cracker Barrel restaurant and Dunkin Donuts within a few minute walk.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2012

When I checked in I was told that a standard room would be held for me for the next night. I went out for a couple of hours and put a do not disturb sign on the door. When I was out Darcy called me from the front desk and I was told that there was some confusion about my staying another night. When I returned there was a group of people in the lobby. The standard room must have been needed for someone in the group. Darcy told me that there was no standard room available.
A man had to check the lock on the door before I could use my key to get back into the room. His face was red I took notice. I left my computer in the room when I went out and when I returned I couldn't get on the internet as I did in the morning. I called the front desk and Darcy answered. I told Darcy that I could not get the internet on my computer. And she said, "I don't know I don't have a HP. I said, "I didn't tell you what type of computer I had." She assisted me in getting the internet on the computer. I was left understanding that just because a do not disturb sign is on the door does not mean that it is going to be respected.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This property is nice, safe and clean but they lack in many ways....like heat! Mid winter in Massachusetts the rooms should be heated. I have sat in my room and shivered waiting for the temp to hit 70 on many nights. Staff insists it is pre-heated and room thermostat is shut off.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kim w
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This a gem of a hotel which we have used many times. It's always clean and comfortable and very convenient. Our daughter attended Holy Cross College in Worchester MA and we preferred this hotel to those in Worchester. It's about 15 mi from the school but not a bad drive and was quiet, clean, comfortable and a great value room rate.
We recently stayed there again while visiting colleges for your youngest...It's remained a great choice

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FrenIrishW
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed down the street at the Sturbridge Host Hotel......sucked....moved up to here where I remember it was nice. I recommend them highly....rooms are great clean, comfrotable beds....brought my cat and they have animal accomendations that are as nice....awesome contintental breakfast. People are super nice ...my son loves the pool! highly recommend!

Room Tip: they have suites with fire places and jacuzzi tubs
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sturbridge
Publick House Historic Inn
Publick House Historic Inn
#7 of 14 in Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!