“Recommend It!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Recommend It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Walked in without a res on 1/18 (Sat. night). It must be a brand new Comfort Inn or close to being new. Absolutely spotless, clean, and the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in. It was right off the exit and easy to reach. There's a Cracker Barrel in the front parking lot and new gas station/convenience store too. So you don't need to drive to get to a restaurant of fill up on fuel. The front desk girl was nice and professional. From the front desk, you can see the indoor pool which looked nice. Only a 3rd floor room was available due to not having a res, so no big deal. However, when I got off the elevator there must have been 15 5-year olds with a few adults taking over the hallway near the elevator. I blew it off, until 5 minutes later when I needed to take the elevator to get something out of my car. The parents and kids, who were loud took over the elevator and I couldn't get down, so I took the stairs. Not a big deal, but next store to my very clean, comfortable and spacious room, a mother allowed her kids to scream and carry on until about 10pm. Huge banging and thuds were heard for several hours. It was as though the mother allowed these kids to slam themselves ageist the wall and bounce off....extremely discourteous and rude on her part. She also allowed them to run in the hallway while she spoke in a loud voice to them, acting as though she was in her own home. They started again at 730am waking me up, when one of the kids thought it would be cute to grab my door handle. Other than the discourteous mother and I'll-behaved children, I would stay here again. Coffee and breakfast was included. They did charge me for the safe even though I told the girl when checking in that I was not going to use it, and I did not initial the form about using the safe. The girl said no problem, we'll adjust it. I called the front desk in the morning, after looking at the bill slipped under my door with a safe charge,and stated that I was charged for the use of the safe. The woman was condescending on the phone and said that I have to tell them. I said that I had upon checking in. She said it didn't matter if I told the girl, it's automatically charged even if you don't initial it. I was, in fact, stating it a second time that I didn't use it. Her condescending tone resulted in me simply hanging up on her. Do unto others as they do onto you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TrueReview10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Clean. Nice room. Nice pool. Fast easy check in and check out. OK breakfast. Conveniently located. All at a great price. No complaints at all. Would recommend and stay there again. Nice breakfast although nothing fancy. Comfortable beds. Flat screen TV with lots of channels. Good water pressure and hot water.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Plymouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a few nights while attending a horse show in Springfield; it was definitely worth the added drive. The grounds were well maintained; the staff was friendly and professional; our room was clean and comfortable and included a small refrigerator and microwave; and the complimentary breakfast included a decent choice of items. I even found safe food for my daughter with gluten issues.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Comfort Inn is easy on/off the highway. The desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary hot breakfast includes eggs and sausage and/or bacon. We have been to this hotel many times in the past few years and have had consistently wonderful service here. We've tried other, more expensive places, but this is by far the best. It's the only place we stay when visiting the Sturbridge area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

New Marlborough MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We recently spent one night here. Our room was very large and comfortable, and very clean. My husband enjoyed the salt water pool. Breakfast was very good for a free hotel breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Nice bar/lounge area for relaxing in the evening. Nice indoor pool, comfortable temperature. Easy on/off the highway. Comfortable bedding, clean rooms. Friendly staff. My husband & I slept in so we were not able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very good value for the money,,staff very friendly,,,,great hot breakfast. CLEAN rooms.in and out.
The location is very good,,,the price is much cheaper than Boston area hotels,,yet iit.s only abt 45 min away. Will stay there again on my next visit to Boston

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#10 of 13 in Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial? Share your experiences!