“Very good stay”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Toronto, Canada
“Very good stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed there twice already and would stay there again without hesitation. This is definitely better than your average Comfort Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are high quality. It is also quiet (no street noise,...etc.). Excellent value for the money. Good location for that area. Staff is friendly and helpful. Couple of minor things: The window in the room cannot be opened. Although it is a normal window that can normally be opened, it is bolted shut. So if you want to get some fresh air into the room, you are out of luck. Also, they place an automatic daily charge on your bill for the in-room safe. You can have it removed at checkout but you have to stop by the desk, ask them to remove it, and have them print out a new bill. But these are minor things. Overall, it is a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hesham2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very comfortable stay from start to finish. Our check-in clerk (Elizabeth) was excellent and friendly; the morning guy at the desk just seemed to be passing time until he went home.
Our room was very clean with all amenities you could want. Breakfast here is a nice buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, waffles, good selection of cereals, hard-boiled & peeled eggs, yogurts--plenty of choices for all. The breakfast staff was friendly and attentive to refilling as needed. This was our third stay here and we'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: If you need ice and vending, stay on 1st or second floors. 3rd floor has none, but does have the gu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SharpShoey
Digby, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

After travelling from Nova Scotia to Seattle then to Palm Springs and then to Kissimmee and finally back to Nova Scotia, this hotel was the best we stayed in. So clean and bright. One of the best things was a wall heater in the bathroom so after a shower, no goosebumps. First place I have ever seen that in. Would highly recommend if in Sturbridge or nearby. The bed was sooooo comfy and spotless.

Room Tip: Always like a drive up. Quietest wall heater/air conditioner I have ever encountered
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Don R
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I reserved two rooms and a suite at this property, when my company was attending a conference at a nearby property that is terribly rundown and substandard. Everything at the Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial was fine. The rooms and common areas were clean and well-maintained, and the complimentary breakfast was far better than the typical “continental” fare that might be found at similar properties.

My only borderline complaint is that my “suite” was quite small, including a tiny bathroom. I do not know how this room could be called a suite. Perhaps because it included a microwave oven and refrigerator? There was only one room and one bathroom, and both were very small.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter_01039
GM-CISC, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. The room you described is our Studio Suite, which is one large room with a sofa sitting area, microwave and refrigerator. We also have One Bedroom Suites, which feature a living room with a seasonal gas fireplace, dining area and separate bedroom. We appreciate your business and hope you can come back and try one of our more spacious suites on your next visit.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

we were there for 2 nights in February. The 3'rd floor was the first to be upgraded and it was extremely well done. The room was a mini suite king. The bedding presentation was the best I've ever seen. House keeping was flawless.
they had just opened a new breakfast buffet room and it was well staffed and the food was fresh and above average.
They entire hotel staff were gracious and friendly.

Room Tip: Try the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dick6922
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our home is undergoing renovations, and we had our 3 princess grand children for the weekend. We opted to spend the weekend at the Sturbridge Comfort Inn which had a new indoor pool and hot tub. We found, in spite of ongoing renovations that all open areas were extremely clean and well kept. The 3 princesses, aged 8, 6 & 3, spent the better part of our stay in the pool or hot tub. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful and quite often offered suggestions helping us to keep our charges busy. When leaving time arrived 3 sad customers pled to stay one more night. I give this place an excellent rating in all catagories.

Room Tip: At this time the 3rd floor rooms are newly renovated, with the second floor now in progress.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Walked in without a res on 1/18 (Sat. night). It must be a brand new Comfort Inn or close to being new. Absolutely spotless, clean, and the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in. It was right off the exit and easy to reach. There's a Cracker Barrel in the front parking lot and new gas station/convenience store too. So you don't need to drive to get to a restaurant of fill up on fuel. The front desk girl was nice and professional. From the front desk, you can see the indoor pool which looked nice. Only a 3rd floor room was available due to not having a res, so no big deal. However, when I got off the elevator there must have been 15 5-year olds with a few adults taking over the hallway near the elevator. I blew it off, until 5 minutes later when I needed to take the elevator to get something out of my car. The parents and kids, who were loud took over the elevator and I couldn't get down, so I took the stairs. Not a big deal, but next store to my very clean, comfortable and spacious room, a mother allowed her kids to scream and carry on until about 10pm. Huge banging and thuds were heard for several hours. It was as though the mother allowed these kids to slam themselves ageist the wall and bounce off....extremely discourteous and rude on her part. She also allowed them to run in the hallway while she spoke in a loud voice to them, acting as though she was in her own home. They started again at 730am waking me up, when one of the kids thought it would be cute to grab my door handle. Other than the discourteous mother and I'll-behaved children, I would stay here again. Coffee and breakfast was included. They did charge me for the safe even though I told the girl when checking in that I was not going to use it, and I did not initial the form about using the safe. The girl said no problem, we'll adjust it. I called the front desk in the morning, after looking at the bill slipped under my door with a safe charge,and stated that I was charged for the use of the safe. The woman was condescending on the phone and said that I have to tell them. I said that I had upon checking in. She said it didn't matter if I told the girl, it's automatically charged even if you don't initial it. I was, in fact, stating it a second time that I didn't use it. Her condescending tone resulted in me simply hanging up on her. Do unto others as they do onto you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TrueReview10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#13 of 14 in Sturbridge

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial? Share your experiences!