“Not very good, in our book.”
Review of B.T.'s Smokehouse

B.T.'s Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: B.T.'S Smokehouse is a dry-rubbed and slow-smoked barbecue restaurant located in the downtown section of Sturbridge, Massachusetts. Owner and Head Chef Brian Treitman is committed to delivering the very best barbecue to Massachusetts and beyond. Focusing on Southern-style cuisine, the menu offers natural grass-fed beef, chicken, pork, and other meats that have been dry rubbed and slow smoked for up to 24 hours with local apple and hickory woods. In addition to standard barbecue fare, the restaurant also offers more unusual entrees such as smoked salmon, chili made with brisket meat, and smoked turkey and chicken. We are also BYOB, so grab your favorite 6 pack on your way in. B.T.'S has won numerous awards since opening its doors, including the New England Regional Chili Cookoff and placing in the Top Ten Barbecue Restaurants in New England, and the Boston Globe named B.T.'S one of the "ten best places to bask in barbecue".
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Meh. Worse than meh. Half rack of full spareribs- moderately ok, meat was at least tender. Sauce on the side watery and weak. Fries not so good, house "catch up" weird, cole slaw awful. Can't understand the great reviews, can't win 'em all, I guess. Oh, and single rest room filthy.

6  Thank AGG213
Stavromula, Owner at B.T.'s Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Anne, I feel like I should apologize for your experience here seeing as how you are the first person in 7 years to give us a 1 star review. But as I watched you eat your ribs, I didn't get the feeling that this was one of the worst dinning experiences you'd ever had. I understand the style of que that we do may not be what you had expected, but to give us a terrible review on both yelp and tripadvisor based on what seems like your personal preferences on one visit versus the quality of what you were served is rough. If I had known that you were unhappy while you were here or you had said anything to me about the quality of the food, I would have been happy to fix whatever I could. I am in the business of pleasing people and to not get the chance to make someone happy is disappointing. Thanks for you taking the time to write a review I just wish it was more informative than just saying this was awful.
Brian
Owner B.T.'s Smokehouse

Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you are looking for great southern barbeque, BTs in Sturbridge is the place to go. The restaurant is small, quaint, no frills. However, the food is very good. My favorite, barbeque ribs.They are soft, tender, well seasoned, and fall off the bone good. You really do not need any sauce. I also suggest the chicken wings. The only down side, I was not to fond of their beans, a little on the chewy side.Price, I think is average, not to expensive. I would defintely recommend a drive to Main St in Sturbridge if you are looking for fabulous eats.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stopped here for lunch after a visit to Old Sturbridge Village....the line wound up going door to door....the food is amazing! They were accommodating to my daughter...she had a hot dog (corn dog was on the menu)..and that was even one of the best hot dogs I've ever tasted! Get the pulled pork...you can tell that all the sauces, fries...home made! It's hard to find such great BBQ in New England!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Big servings and delicious authentic BBQ. The dry ribs are great along with lots of sides to choose from. All the meats are unique and delicious. A newly expanded dinning area and easy takeout with lots to choose from makes this a must visit. Be prepared to wait a little as most meats are prepped for order....

1  Thank RonVon154
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I heard a lot about the barbeque at this place, so I thought I would give it a try. Actually the Phantom Gourmet was there on this particular day. This made me very curious. I ordered the rack of ribs and some beef jerky. I was very disappointed by the ribs, they were all fat. I found that to be gross. The beef jerky was just ok. I also thought that they were very pricey. I haven't been back since.

1  Thank KimSandino