“Best Budget Motel I've ever stayed in!”
Review of Super 8 Sturbridge

Super 8 Sturbridge
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Verona, NJ
“Best Budget Motel I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I never expected to find a spacious, clean, comfortable, non-problematic room in a budget motel but this Super 8 delivered. Equipped with a king size bed, mini-fridge, coffee machine, hair dryer, closet space (some motels don't even have closets!), free wireless internet service, a working thermostat, AND a balcony which opened up to a beautiful lakeview, I can say that this motel surpassed all of my other budget motel experiences (which all came with their share of horror stories). As others have said, make sure to ask for a room overlooking the lake because the view is fantastic. For those people visiting Old Sturbridge Village, it's the perfect location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Gloria C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
DEVON
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The guy on reception seemed disinterested in booking us is which made me nervous about where we had booked, neednt have worried for a budget motel we parked right outside our room which was a good size, big bed, clean bathroom and fridge/coffee making facilities in our room, free wifi too, had a fantastic view of a lake from the room and would happily stay there again, had a great nights sleep!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EM4
Yamhill, OR
Reviewed 30 September 2010

This is an average budget motel in a decent location quite near to the freeway and Old Sturbridge village, our reason for staying here. The grounds and rooms and service are about as typical and average as it gets. Not a problem for us.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Everjoyful
in the wrong country
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I stayed here for a couple of nights when I first arrived and to be honest, it was a lot better than I expected after reading some reviews. Easy enough to find as on the main road. I asked for a room with a view of the lake, which I got and I would recommend asking for just because on the other side of the motel your view will be another building. The room was clean with plenty of room. There was a great breakfast available, cereals, pastries, waffle maker (yum) fruit etc etc. I did read one review about the muffins and thought someone was having a laugh, but it was true, they are so good that I took an extra one with me for later in the day. There weren't many people staying when I was there so there was always plenty available. The staff on the desk were polite enough and I checked in and out within minutes. The bed was extremely comfortable, loved it. I did notice a few sirens from emergency vehicles in the evening but as I sleep with earplugs, I had undisturbed sleep so I wouldn't know if they carried on all night or not. There was a range of people I saw staying there. I would say its more of an overnight/couple days stay place rather than staying for a week type, although I wouldn't have a problem doing that. I would have stayed there on my way back to Boston if my plans had allowed it. There is a basic vending machine available for late night snacks. The swimming pool looked clean enough although it was raining so didn't use it but I did see others using it. Old Sturbridge Village is just down the road and easy to get to. Free wifi too..I stayed in Boston and they wanted to charge $10 per 24hrs for that. As a single female travel I felt comfortable staying here and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Carkedit
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 10 September 2010

The motel was clean and we had a good sized room with a small refrigerator. The location was good as was the breakfast and the bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. What I couldn't get past was the musty smell which seemed to pervade the room and other parts of the hotel. Fresh air temporarily got rid of it, but it returned when the fresh air stopped circulating. If you are not sensitive to smells, this motel fills the bill.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Oxford, MI
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I didn't have very high expectations - it is a discount hotel. Unfortunately, there were some problems. Specifically, the housekeeper apparently did not clean the bathroom. There was a roll of toilet tissue sitting on sink next to the cardboard tube of a used roll, a dirty hand towel, and the sample size shampoo had not been replaced. I could hear road noise and people in other areas of the hotel. This did not affect me too much, however, and I slept well. The rest of the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It is an old facility and needs updating. I've stayed in better discount hotels. Not a great value in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank d8n
Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Overall very happy with facility. Small issue with whirlpool/tub. Needed extra blankets for kids and had to call the front desk a second time just to hear they didnt have any extras,( even though there were plenty of empty rooms they could have givin blankets from). Rooms were clean and the king bed was VERY comfortable. Once the tub was cleaned of crap left in the jet piping, my wife and I enjoyed a LOOOONG, RELAXING, ROMANTIC Whirlpool/bath. The breakfast was good with many selections and most importantly, the kids were happy making their own waffles.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family