Fairfield Inn Boston Sudbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Framingham)
Monticello Motel(Framingham)
View Hotel
All reviewshot offeringsnew englandfoam pillowsdaughters weddingwalden pondminute driveyogurtwooded areabreakfast includedarea attractionsvery pleasant staysmall fridgethe breakfast areacomfortable bedlarge roomclose to the hotelan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a great place to get away for the weekend...especially with the beautiful autumn weather. The location is perfect...really close to the Old Grist Mill, the Wayside Inn, and other beautiful attractions. This hotel is super clean and updated. The personnel at the desk were tops in my book! The ONLY negative thing we experienced was the noise level. You could hear people in the hallways as if they were in your room and by being on the 2nd floor, the people above us sounded like they were running relays in their room. Other than that, everything was GREAT.

Room Tip: Choose a 3rd floor room. There are only 2 floors with rooms on it (2nd and 3rd) so choose a 3rd floor room if possible in order to avoid noise in the room above. Also check ahead as some rooms have tubs and some have showers.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We were in Sudbury to visit family. The Wayside Carriage House has rooms that are very stylishly appointed and quite comfortable, including a sofa (so much more comfy to view tv than sitting on the bed!). A stay there gives you access to the sister property, Longfellows Wayside Inn. We did not take advantage since it was pouring the next morning and we had a long drive. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My very first chose in Sudbury was longfellows wayside inn which is great for breakfast and just ok
For dinner.but longfellows wayside inn only has about 10 or 11 rooms to sleep in , so if you call and they are booked they will suggest their sister motel the wayside carriage house inn. It isn't what you would expect from the name but just a very ordinary motel which is in anywhere USA.
The rooms are very basic , but comfortable. The location is slightly depressing as it is directly across the street from a rest home for the elderly. It is located on a very noisey and busy street
( believe it to be Rte 20 or Boston Post Rd) . The front desk does a very good job to see that you are well taken care of.but knowing what I know now it wouldn't be my first or second chose in Sudbury.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room facing the back, the rooms facing the front are very noisey and you can hear the traffic starting at about 6 30 in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Pillows like a rock and sheets like sandpaper.
street noise annoyingly loud accompanied by whining AC units both indoor and out, thin walls and creaky floors.
good place to stay if you don't want to sleep

........

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Imperious
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I think you should consider this "hotel" an annex of extra rooms to the Wayside Inn. They use it for weddings (in our case) and other events that happen at the Wayside Inn.
My wife called it the twilight zone because nothing is exactly as represented. The workers are very nice and want to help and often times, don't know how to help. My wife asked for a wine-bottle opener. The front desk clerk couldn't find it. Then I went down and asked. Again, she couldn't find it. I suggested that it might be in the closet where they keep the bar utensils. She opened it up and, voila, found the wine opener.
I should have prefaced that with the discovery that the website and in-room documentation says they have a bar, "inquire at the front desk for hours". We arrived on Thursday night and - I inquired. The front desk clerk said the bar was open on Friday and Saturday - which it was.
They have a spa on-site which excited my wife as we prepared for the trip. We found the door. We knocked. There was no answer. The front desk clerk told us the spa is really next door and they use the locked rooms for hair and make-up when brides are preparing for weddings at the chapel next to the Wayside Inn. The hotel is nice. It is kind of a small scale Residence Inn. The sound-proofing between the rooms isn't as good as a Residence Inn. Several in our party failed to get their room cleaned on at least one day out of 3 or 4. We received 6 extra towels delivered to our room
We didn't ask for them -
but another room did and only later received the towels.
This is an odd place that is convenient to the Wayside Inn. There is no restaurant and the breakfast is sparse (think minimal Hampton Inn).
If I returned, I would probably find a real hotel in a close small town and stay there. Nice people and nice attitude but they aren't really trying to provide top quality services.

Room Tip: 3rd/top floor avoids some noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple