“Good meal for a good price”
Review of Kent's Restaurant

Kent's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Swansea
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1983, we offer fresh seafood and hand cut steaks as well as great appetizers and drinks. Clamboils and clam cakes and chowder are available year round. Our casual atmosphere is the perfect place for friends to meet for great food!
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were a party of six...a birthday get together. everyone in the party enjoyed their meals. I ordered the baked scrod which was wonderful. I also had the liberty of sampling a beef tip, fried scallop and fried smelts.....all were exceptional. If one is looking for a certain ambiance, then Kent's may not be for you. If one is looking for a good meal at a good price then one should consider Kent's.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went to Kent's today with my wife. I had the soup of the day it is what I call hamburger soup, excellent. Entrees were for me the beef tips marinated in bourbon very good tender and cooked rare the way I like them. My wife had the sea food platter the clams were small, she like the big bellies, the entire sea food platter was excellent and we had food to take home. Fresh bread at the table nice and hot service was good. i found the the price was high but it was worth the price.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

After doing some Christmas shopping in Seekonk, I decided to take a ride up Rt 6 into Swansea for a dining joy ride. We pulled into Kent's to give it a try. As Moz C said, “no bells in whistles in place”, if that is what you’re looking for. We sat in the bar area (there is a dining room) and there was only one TV on (there are two) with Fox News on. I told my wife, "I like this place so far!" Patrons were quite chatty and the bartender was giving great service with charm.
We ordered the fish and chips (you can get a smaller version of most menu items) and the fried scallops. The food was delicious. The meals came with some homemade bread and up to par sides. My wife loved the sweet potato fries especially. The portions were good and we both cleaned our plates. We will definitely be heading back to try some of the other menu items. Very pleased indeed!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is my 2nd time eating here and again I wasn't disappointed! The food was hot and didn't take very long to come out. The staff are friendly and prices reasonable. The only think ill change has nothing to do with the food but the atmosphere could us some help and can come off as a little dark, but overall the food makes up for this. If your in the area treat yourself to the best food in the area by far!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Not all the bells and whistles, but what great food! The price is very good and the food can't be beat. The waitress was a riot and we can't wait to return.