“Best chicken parm”

Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Swansea
Swansea, Massachusetts, United States
“Best chicken parm”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

They have lots of tasty selections to choose from. My favorite is the chicken parm. The portion is so large that I always take another meal portion home.

• Visited December 2013

Warren, Rhode Island
“Went to One Horse again on Columbus day, much better experience!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I picked up some food from One Horse Pizzeria on Columbus day, and it appears that they addressed many of my concerns from my last review. The counter person was much friendlier compared to before (I believe it was a different girl), the pizza was good and not burnt, and the wings were not dry. The wings were not perfect though, some of them were in a ball shape and filled with broken bones, which was gross. One of them was like 85% bones and hardly any chicken, it was a ball of bones, which was disappointing. Otherwise, the regular shaped wings were pretty good.

• Visited October 2013
Warren, Rhode Island
“I was expecting a little more, but it was average, pizza was great, but kinda burnt!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I live in Warren on Swansea MA line and would drive by this place while it was converted from an old liquor store. Always wanted to try it, and heard its owned by the people who owned brothers pizza in Warren RI which closed. Love how they decorated the place inside and out, and I decided to get some take out. They close at ten on Monday, and I called in a togo order a bit before 9:30. I was told it would be ready in 15-20 minutes.
I arrived 25 minutes later, and still had to wait an additional 5 minutes. There was only two other people there waiting for food, so I am not sure what could have taken so long. When I arrived, a cook said he was waiting on the wings...

We got app platter, order of wings, and pepperoni pizza.

App platter came with 2 pretty good jalapeno poppers, 2 lackluster mozzarella sticks, 3 chicken fingers, and 3 wings.

I got 3 buffalo wings, and the order of wings was 6 teryaki wings.
The chicken fingers and especially wings were over cooked, and overly crispy. I don't get why I was waiting on wings for them to nearly burn them???

The cheese sticks the cheese wasn't gooey or stretchy, just bland.

We also go the pizza, light on the sauce, and it was really good! My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it except.... the bottom was burnt! !!! ! ! ! It wasn't completely black, but i'd say the black and regular color spots were about 50/50. The burnt taste would detract from the delicious pizza on some of the bites.

Also while waiting, the girl at the counter wasn't really friendly. There was also a guy sitting at the bar talking to himself. When she walked out of kitchen to hand me my pizza, she kind of shoved it into my arms and said here, and walked away. Not exactly the best customer service, and a thanks for choosing us, or have a good night, would be appreciated. I think the staff was more focused on leaving and cleaning up the kitchen then taking care of the customers, not to mention while cleaning they apparently didn't pay attention to our food, since most of it was burnt!

I would come back for more pizza, but I am not sure I'd go back for wings, or the app platter. It was pretty lack luster. Hopefully the next time I go and get pizza, it won't be burnt!!!

• Visited August 2013
Oyster Bay, NY
“Excellent take out”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This delivery food was excellent and memorable. One Horse has a excellent choice of items and different from your usual pizzeria. Food was hot, packaged well and best of all had an unique and flavorful taste. The person who did the delivery was courteous and made sure everything ordered was there. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
“Good pizza & sandwiches with full menu delivery”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here & had delivery.

The food is good solid pub food. Dining area is small with a rustic atmosphere. The sandwiches are very good as is the pizza although the really big blobs of chewy frozen spinach on the pizza were not good. Large portions.

• Visited June 2013