“How could anyone sleep here?”
Review of Swansea Motor Inn

Swansea Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Swansea
Reviewed 2 December 2007

I haven't been to this place in many years and let me tell you they have done nothing to the rooms at all. Gross mold everywhere water touches.. the smell is terrible. A romantic night it was not. We left not long after arriving. I felt dirty even sitting on the bed looking at the stained carpets. YUKKKKKKKKKKKK It needs to be condemed!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
9  Thank Donna B

Reviewed 18 February 2007

The place was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! The most digusting room I have ever seen. Stains all over the room, large stains on box spring. could not even bare the thought of sleeping there, checked out in 2 minutes. Should be investigated by the board of health.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
9  Thank live14
A TripAdvisor Member
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 May 2005

I have been a customer of the Swansea Motor Inn in the past. It is a place where my husband and I go to "get away" for a weekend from time to time since we live locally. It had been several years since our last visit and time sure did change the place. Black mold was on the baseboards, the sink caked in soap scum, and the heart shaped hot tub in the room had black mold in it bad enough for me to drive home, get my own bleach cleaner and electric scrubber and spend 40 minutes cleaning the place before I felt it was clean enough to use.
As if this was not bad enough someone from the front desk, a woman, calls us in the room and proceeds to raise her voice at me asking if I had a dog in our room. I began to explain, but I was intrupted, that I do not have a pet in the room but I do have a service dog. She told me I could not have a dog in the room that no dogs were allowed. I again explained that my dog was a service dog and considered to be an assistive aid protected by the ADA laws. She then asked me if I had asked the owner if that was ok...(last time I checked the laws of the ADA come before anything else) and I explained that I had advised them when I made the reservation that I travel with my service dog. She complained that the owner had not told her, the entire time she was speaking in a curt tone to me, and then she told me to "leave my windows open when I go out".
If you travel with a service animal be aware that this place was NOT service dog aware or friendly.
Also, they advertise that the rooms have movies on the TV...hardly! They do not even get all of the local broadcast channels in clearly. For $105.00 per night for the hot tub rooms it is no bargin...try instead New Bedford's Cupid's Bed & Bubbles if you are looking for a romantic hot tub getaway, that is what we will do.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Swansea Motor Inn? Share your experiences!