“Fun time”

UMI Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #32 of 49 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Went here with 5 friends the other night, and had so much more fun than I thought I would!! The outside of the building doesn't look spectacular, but the inside was nice. The food was delicious, and the workers were very nice. You get a lot of food, which justifies the price, and it is great if you're going with a larger group. Not as many tricks as I've seen at other hibachis, but still very entertaining!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Sushi was OK. Service was terrible. "Oh, sorry we forgot." was a common response to our requests for "where's out food/drinks/water/etc.?"

Net: Much better places nearby. Don't waste your time.

2  Thank Phil L
Reviewed 18 October 2010

You pull up to this place and you'll wonder if there is any chance this could be any good. The restaurant is in a strip mall next to a real estate company, a consignment shop and something else. Last time I was there the parking lot was under construction and you had to go all around to park. But then you get in and you will die for the food. The hibatchi comes with soup and salad. When I went there for the first time they gave me my soup and I thought it looked like a bowl of water. But it is by far the best soup I have ever had. The salad isn't my thing - it has some weird dressing, but my friends all love it. Get noodles with your hibatchi - you won't regret it. Every menu item is great. They have a wide array of prices too - from chicken which I would guess is around $11 to filet for around $25? even up to lobster and filet combo for $45 ish. But nothing tops a hibatchi show. If you have never had hibatchi you have to try it, the show is great, and these chefs know what they are doing. You will laugh, eat, drink and just have fun. This is my favorite restaurant!

2  Thank MichelleD80

Been to UMI Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!