“Decent for a Night”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Portland, Maine
“Decent for a Night”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is an economy hotel and thats all you will get when you stay here...The room seemed pretty clean with bright comforters on the beds. The bed mattress was definitely in need of replacement as it sagged in the middle. Saw a couple spiders in the bathroom crawling around so maybe its time for some pest control. The motel does have an IHOP next door so that was nice. It's right off exit 38 of
I 495. You have to pay $3 for internet but it did work very well with good connectivity.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

This is a Motel 6, so I did not expect the Ritz experience... But there are limits to what is acceptable: blankets with holes, bedsheets with stains (i prefer not to think what it all could be), underseat of the toilet black with dirt. Would NEVER go again there. Went to other motel 6 during my trip and that was ok, but this one, Run away!

• Stayed July 2012

Travellers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 August 2012

If you are looking for a cheap stay for even a few days this motel is surely not worth it! First off walking into the room it had crums everywhere. Also no shampoo and conditioner comes with the motel and the towels are cheap, absorb no water, and are so small they can be mistaken for face towels!!! Beware the people at the front desk hardly speak english. The WIFI is terrible! We had so many problems that caused us to go to the office about 5 times and they told us to call a 800 number wich you were put on hold for 15 minutes to the point where you got nowhere and hung up. Neighbors are very loud it's like the walls are paper thin! The shower had very little pressure you would be better off in the rain!!!! DON"T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lauren S
philadelphia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This place is deplorable!! I would sleep in a homeless shelter rather than in that disgusting place, I always bring disinfecting wipes when we travel. I AM SOOOO GLAD WE DID on this trip. I wiped streaks of blood off the back of the toilet, toilet handle, the seat, light switch, and the side of the tub. Do they have 2 yr olds cleaning the rooms. How could any adult housekeeper miss all that blood??? There were burn marks all over the side of the tub. Just so sickeningly disgusting. I'm going to call the board of health in Mass. This motel should be shut down. Because of this motel I will NEVER,NEVER stay in another motel 6 anywhere. So if you are planning on going to this area.....BEWARE, and DO NOT stay at MOTEL6!!!!. I just hope we don't get some kind of disease from staying there. I was so grossed out I wouldn't take a shower there. Glad we only stayed 1 night. We got up at 4am and headed back to Pa. YUCK!!!

Room Tip: Go to another motel like Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonnie214
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Though my room was way in the back (right next to the railroad tracks) I didn't think it safe to park my car in such a remote-looking area so I parked it in the front. The hotel's '...not responsible if your car is broken in to...' signs are meant seriously here. On the walk back to the room, several doors down from mine the police were escorting a guy out of his room in handcuffs. Luckily the door locks were good. The bedspread looked rather hideous. No Wi-Fi didn't really surprise me at this hotel. I would NOT stay here again (I'd rather sleep in my car!), nor would I recommend it to anyone I know. Too much money for such a dilapidated hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Tom P
Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I knew going in that I was going to be staying in a run down motor lodge, but it was worse than I expected. I was working half a mile a way from this Motel 6 for a couple days and figured I'd suck it up for the sweet commute instead of staying st the $40 more/night options one exit away.

There was a general musty smell and sense of grime from the room. It was no smoking, but still had an ashtray (with the no smoking sign on it). I've done a lot of traveling and stayed in a lot of hotels, so it's not common for me to be second guessing my stay...but I did here. The first thing I did wax throw the comforter and the blanket off the bed. Neither looked like something I wanted my flesh to touch. I then checked for bed bugs (did not find any). The lovely pleather mattress cover had beverage stains under the fitted sheet and had obviously not been wiped down in quite some time.

I showered with sandals on, although that was probably just paranoia at that point. I brought my own pillow and slept in my clothes, which I would recommend doing.

The front desk staff were both friendly and pleasant, even as they explained that the computers were down and had to write my credit card number on a hand written ticket. I would have been a little nervous if it wasn't a national chain that I could easily follow up with.

Im glad I saved the $80 over two nights, but I'm still a little shocked at what constitutes a 60 room these days. It's not like Tewskbury is down town Boston or anything.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank bdwiggity
Turner Maine
Reviewed 10 April 2012

These reviews are all spot on. i am here to work (from Maine ) Only good thing is its 2 miles from the job site. I am here now thee room next door is selling some type of drug. People com ing and going i saw 3 different car loads of people gathering there money before going to the door. I was awoken at 2 am this morning to yelling (not the 1st time in my 3 weeks here) this was louder and lots of people i looked out and saw 5 guys drinking and .....grilling? They had a fire going in a small grill.lots of real shady people. my door was left open after room service 2 days in a row I told them the 1st day when I was back 4 lunch. I was more upset the second day, they sent housekeeping down to argue with me saying they were sure they didn't. Just a bad place in general. Burns all over blankets, stale smoke smell, housekeeping is real bad, no clock?!, never leave all towels always missing a towel or facecloth. I stay at cheap chain hotels all over I am not expecting luxury by any means but this is one of...no it is the worst 1 I have stayed at, done in 2 days here, thank God!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Tom M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford

Been to Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!