“Never again.”

Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
“Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Between the clientele, lack of cleanliness, the bugs, and smells coming into our room thru the night, it was hard to find any reason to recommend this place. There may be a Motel 6 that is worth staying at, but I would never take that chance again. It was absolutely frightening for my family to stay there one night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MICHAEL P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Yeah, no. The worst part about this Motel 6 slow-motion disaster scene is the stench of wet-lung cigarette smoke in the non-smoking bedroom. And then it goes downhill from there: the unidentifiable sticky gunk on the bottom of the tub; the cigarette burns on the plastic sides of the tub (classy clientele), the bits of matter that settled at the bottom of the toilet with every flush, the pure plastic bed covers that could double as shower curtains, and the sealed windows that keep you locked in like it's a wet-lung prison ward.

I asked for a different room, and of course none were available.

It always amazes me that such business establishments as this exist in the wealthiest and most powerful country in the world's history.

This place is excellent as a training experience for Peace Corps volunteers going to the developing world, or as a refuge in case of a civil emergency or war. Otherwise sleep in your car or on the good earth under the stars. You'll feel much better in the morning than we did.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bkrider9

Travellers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

we stayed here because of the price, in this area it was good but
management tried twice to get extra money - but didnt.
room had a funny smell, had to chase maid for extra towels and they
were like sandpaper. there were spots on the bed spread.
with no breakfast it wasnt worth it
tom f

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tom f
Ashford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay for one night. Motel 6 was the cheapest place in the area and I now know why. Our non smoking room was clearly smoked in, the bathroom sink was not cleaned very well, and the curtains do NOT block out the lights from outside so I could not sleep. Unless your desperate or truly can't afford another place I recommend you stay someplace else!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kimberly J
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This motel has very ignorant staff. It took them until 5 pm to get clean towels to our room. They do not serve any breakfast and only put out 1 container of coffee once its empty thats it for the day. They charge you for wifi services. The pool was very disgusting and took them three days to clean it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeremy W
Concord, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I found drugs rampant in this place and a guy asked me at least four times in two days if I wanted an erotic massage and he would let me have sex with him during the massage - I am a man! I also witnessed several people smoking poor and doors open to see people doing coke. Not a very nice place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
12 Thank mealoneatx
Coventry, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I think this is my all-time worst motel stay EVER. Despite reservations for 3 nights, upon my arrival at 7:30 PM, the room reeked so badly of cigarette smoke, I couldn't breathe long enough to even call the front desk. Got another where the bed-cover sported a nice round cigarette hole, and though I had no clock, no hair-dryer, & no free wi-fi (you must appear at the front desk to get the code for $2.99 per day), I was permitted 1 washcloth & 3 small towels. The hot water leaked from the tub spout so badly, I had to shut the bathroom door to shut out not only the trip-drip-drip but also the humidity...which ultimately rendered the toilet paper roll soggy. Upon returning for my 2nd luxurious night, my bed had not been made though I was permitted 1 new washcloth and 2 towels, this time an actual almost-bath-sized one. My 3rd night was the most fun: not only no bed made, both tiny trash cans (and I do mean cans) were un-emptied, and I had NO clean towels. This time, I had to make my dissatisfaction known which I decided do to at the front desk area when I went to get ice....which is the only place there are any ice machines..... both of which were out of order. My reservations were then checked as it is reportedly this charming motel's policy to provide services only twice a week if one has a prolonged, say, 1-2 week stay in mind. As I wasn't one of these "lucky" folks, I was given an apology and, eventually, 5 fresh towels, still hot from the dryer. The only good thing I can say about this dump, is that the staff I met were unusually helpful. I am returning to this area in 3 weeks. I have made reservations elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, insist on smoke-free room, preferably second-floor so there will be no kids...