“Stay at your own peril!”

Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
london
“Stay at your own peril!”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I have never experienced a more horrendous stay in a hotel in my life. As 2 young females staying in this motel it was a very unnerving experience. Had to move from our first room as the smell of smoke was intoxicating. The room is typical Motel, and recently renovated so room clean enough looking, new carpets. Uncomfortable bed, scrappy small towels and possibly bed bugs were not the worst... we had strange men hammering on the door at 3am leaving us terrified and hotel staff said nothing they could do as couldn't leave reception! Next night we had constant creepy phone calls from another room which meant we had to leave phone off the hook and on the last day the lights stopped working so we had to shower in the dark!! A truly memorable experience but for all the wrong reasons. Very scary motel with dodgy people and useless reception staff!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
5 Thank hayleyx25x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
USA
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I had a minor emergency while traveling to Boston and had to find a hotel quickly, and ended up here for two nights. The staff was friendly enough and I was checked in in no time. Room featured the slightly odd nationwide Motel 6 decor, along with a pretty bad mattress and thin linens. As a single guy, I didn't feel terribly unsafe, but I'm not sure I would want my girlfriend staying here alone. There were abandoned cars on the back of the property, and men loitering outside all day. Despite this, the room was reasonably quiet both nights. I paid for internet access, but the signal was spotty and didn't adequately cover my room, so I was never able to log on. On my second day, my room key card stopped working. They fixed it with no problem, but I've had this happen at other Motel 6's, so I wonder if they disable it intentionally for some reason after the first night. My biggest complain was the HVAC system, which left everything in the room soggy after just a few hours and left my clothes feeling damp and dirty. Otherwise, I had no complaints about the room. Not a horrible experience by any means, but check your expectations at the door.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank ideas8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!