“Serene”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Bengaluru, India
“Serene”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Away from the hustle bustle of the city of Boston Holiday Inn is worthy the stay. Very clean large rooms. Lots of parking space, surrounded by woods. Quiet place, full of greenery. Not much of a choice of food in breakfast menu but good taste.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter as we get to hear the A/c unit during the night but for some tim...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Asha2805
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear ASha2805,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn along with the nice review of our spacious rooms and quiet, serene feel of our property. If there are some specific items you would like to see to enhance our breakfast buffet, we would welcome your input.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was nice, with clean, large rooms. It's very convenient if you are visiting friends or family in Andover or Lowell. And they allow dogs for only a one-time fee of $50, so that is really useful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank joshdouglas
Mr. Douglas,
Thank you for bringing your family on your recent stay. The Holiday Inn has always been a family friendly hotel and as such welcomes pets. We are grateful that we were able to provide this extra convenience for you.
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The previous month I recently PREPAID and booked 2 rooms for three days for five adults with breakfast thru a third party website. (Check in June 5th-Check out June 8th)
A few days prior to arriving,I called and CONFIRMED reservation for the the two rooms directly with the hotel.
When I arrived at hotel the two rooms were ready and the clerk requested a credit card for incidental deposit charges for each room ($50 each) which I agreed (I understand hotels do this)

Few minutes later I received a cellphone text that my credit card was charged/hold but the hotel for the incidental charges.(No problem with that).
I then received vouchers for the breakfast for the two rooms for only four adults .
I booked five adults!!! Not four. I did eventually received breakfast vouchers for five adults later on.

Half hour later I received another cell phone text of my credit card being charged by the hotel of $297.41.
I then called the front desk to find out why my credit card was charged $297.41.
Clerk states the hotel needed to charge my card just to activate rooms (why????) due to third party website issues ,but I will see the credit of $297.41 back on my credit card within 24-48 hours.
(No problem with that)
The next day I received three cellphone texts of my credit card being charged by the hotel of $58.91 and $158.91 and $247.41 all in a four hour window.
I then called the hotel directly and the clerk states she sees no charges made on the credit card number I gave them and no charges on my rooms (due to I PREPAID for the rooms).
I then called credit card company confirming charges by the hotel and I was able dispute the charges.
I did return to the hotel later that night and inquired about the charges made by the hotel .
Hotel clerk did research and confirmed the charges,but wasn't sure why my credit card was charged ,due to I PREPAID the hotel.
I then Asked clerk to reverse charges but clerk states she could not and that I would have to call my credit card company.

Wait??? Why do I have to call my credit card company on my OWN/VACATION time???

The Hotel charged my card ,I think the hotel can reimburse/credit my card and resolve the issue!!!

I had to call the credit card company and had the clerk Speak with the credit card company.
But still hotel staff does not know why my credit card was charged $762.62 not including the $100 incidental deposit fee.
I ask clerk why previous call to hotel earlier in the day didn't see charges ,but now can see them??
Answer I received "they were not sure."
While the clerk was on the phone with credit card company, clerk states one of the charges was made by the phone,she questioned me if I had called the hotel for that charge.No!!!
Why would I charge more money in my PREPAID room????

Eventually sometime later I was informed by the hotel that the charges of $862.62 which includes deposit would be reimbursed to my credit card.

I was supposed to stay three days but due to the credit card incident I checked out early and went to another hotel and had no incidents.

I never had an issue before with any other hotel stays with my credit card until I stayed at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury.

Six days later the charges of $862.62 from the hotel are still pending on my Credit card.

My PREPAID two rooms/three days did not cost that much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hoolamike
TwinTier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Hoolamike;
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Tewksbury which you booked thru one of our 3rd party partners. Unfortunately, our team fell short on the service delivery and follow through regarding the handling of your payment details. After reviewing your comments and researching the transaction history relating to your stay, our staff mistakenly preauthorized a hold on your payment card. Due to the type payment card provided at check in, it takes up to 7 days to clear the authorization. We understand that this caused a great deal of frustration, inconvenience and time on your part for which we sincerely apologize. We contacted your bank today to confirm that the authorizations have been released. I would be more than happy to speak to you personally in an effort to help make things right. Again, we appreciate your selecting our hotel for your trip to the Tewksbury, Ma. area.
Don DuPaul

Travellers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

Montreal
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here the weekend before, and we had a great time staying here.
Check in was very smooth, it took about 2 minutes to get our key since we had booked our room through expedia and it was already prepaid.
Rooms are very clean but I'd say they're on the small side
Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisbana
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We are so glad you had the opportunity to stay at our hotel with your family. Thank you for the positive review of our staff and welcome the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Ontario, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I LOVED staying at the Holiday Inn in Tewksbury!! The staff were friendly and helpful, and kept our room clean and got us things when we needed it!!!! And I LOVED the Hot Tub!!!! I have Fibromyalgia and soaking in the Hot Tub really relaxed my muscles, after our long walk seeing the sights in Boston!!!!:-)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Eryabella
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury during your recent visit to the Boston Area. The hot tub and pool are a great way to relax after a long day of walking or working!
Biddeford, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last time we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tewksbury and actually all the times we have stayed there have been fantastic. The staff has always gone out of their way to be sure that our stay has been better. I can think of one time where there wasn't a refrigerator in the room and I needed to store my insulin they found one in storage and brought it up to me. They had also said that if they couldn't find one that I could bring my stuff down to the desk and they would put it in their fridge for me.
The rooms are always clean and if not they make sure to fix it right away.

Room Tip: When staying be sure to eat breakfast in the restraints the do a great breakfast buffet and the pric...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Tewksbury during your recent visit. I am delighted you had another fantastic stay!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Check In was smooth, Staff was helpful, room was clean. Microwave and refrigerator were working. Bathroom was clean, towels were clean (little worn out) . Housekeeping was done , "Do not disturb" sign was honored.

The negatives -- Noise Insulation was poor; breakfast buffet is below par

Room Tip: Drive to Vic's waffle house or Deli King for breakfast
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Tewksbury. Microwaves and refrigerators are standard in all rooms and a welcome amenity to many of our guests. If you have specific suggestions of items you would like to see on the buffet, I welcome the opportunity to share those with you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!