“Amazing”

Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
“Amazing”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great. Very clean and the beds were so comfortable. I love how this hotel is far from the road, unlike some of the hotels in the area. Laura at the front desk was so helpful, she has a wonderful personality. I would definitely come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stormie W
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our beautiful property as well as kind words about Laura at the front desk. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is showing its age. We were given a room where the bathtub had a drainage problem. We decided not to call the hotel and bought our own liquid plumbr. We also wanted a new box of Kleenex but were told they did not have any more. Also, the usual lotion you get at Holiday Inn (brand name) was not available when requested - they said they have just conditioner now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mudd_stuffin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear mudd_stuffin,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I do want to take this time to apologize for the shortcomings you may have experienced. It is regrettable that the bathroom quality and amenities did not live up to your expectations. Comments like these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that if your travels brings you back to our area you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Mid afternoon we discovered, heard, experienced a wedding party on our floor, on our wing.

We went out for dinner and when we returned I decided to see what strategy we could set up.

I talked with the front desk staff who immediately appreciated our predicament. They offered us keys to a room away from the "party", as opposed to waiting to see if the "party" caused us to loose sleep.

We did not have to move our goods etc. No additional charge. Cool.

Room Tip: 1st fllor wing has early morning noise from the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bill o
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
First I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Tewksbury. It's great to hear that our staff acted appropriately and expeditiously to move you and your belongings to an area of our hotel away from the larger group. We do our best to satisfy all of our guests and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.
Joppa, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel! You will get real hospitality at Residence Inn by Marriott Tewksbury Andover across the street or the Wyndham Andover on Old River Rd. This hotel only wants to cater to business people! My husband came on a business trip for a training course and I accompanied him along with our one year old daughter. He called and made a reservation with the TWO person breakfast buffet for 5 nights. Upon check in they gave us our room keys and vouchers for the breakfast buffet. Our vouchers were for ONE person to eat breakfast. We told them the internet, as well as reservations, told us TWO people were to receive the breakfast. The lady then said "Only the employee is eligible to receive breakfast". I was told I could come to the "restaurant" and pay for myself out of pocket. It is the same free buffet available to ALL guests at the other hotels. Anyone can walk in off the street and pay to eat at their "restaurant". Excuse me for wanting to feel like a welcomed guest at their establishment. On our second day housekeeping did not clean our room. When I asked why I was told it was because I had put up the do not disturb sign. I only did this for one hour so our one year old daughter could take a nap. So if you want to take a shower or just have some privacy for one moment and put the sign on the door, housekeeping will use this as an excuse to not clean your room. I guess they are trying to discourage guests from staying and using the room during the day. The pool is only open from 4pm until 10pm. Again only accommodating the business person. They allow people to use the pool during the day, a huge group of children, but not the paying guest. They need to pay serious attention to their parking lot behind the building. Very few lights and the ones they do have are covered up by trees making it very dark at night. If they made the back of the building more appealing maybe people would park there but because there is very little lighting no one wants to park back there leaving everyone to fight for the spots in the front of the building. Half of the front parking lot is taken up by tractor trailer trucks. They need to either fix the back parking lot or make the trucks park there. I let the hotel know everyday that I felt very unwelcome at their establishment. They did not care. They did absolutely nothing to help make me feel better about my stay. I asked to speak to the manager several times but he never attempted to contact me. I tried to call the Wyndham to change hotels but they did not have any rooms available. Upon checkout I noticed they charged me for a long distance call. Both hotel phone numbers start with the same area code and are 5.6 miles away from each other! Very disappointed in this hotel I will never stay here again! They do not value their guests!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Valerie W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Valerie W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience online. It is regrettable that the level of service you received was a let down. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your experience.

We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The pool is only opened for guests from 4pm to 10pm. Who really goes to a hotel just to swim from 4pm til 10pm? This is because they rent it out to a daycare or maybe it was swimming lessons. Eighter way it is filled with small children during the day. Just what I want to swim in a pool full of pee when they finally allow me to swim. Had I of known that I would have stayed at a hotel that let me, a paying guest, swim in. They have a HORRIBLE parking lot. Spaces are so tight I received three door dings on my vehicle. There was one bus and three truckers taking up most of the parking lot. The air conditioning unit does not work at all. This hotel could use several improvements. This hotel has potential if management would care a little more about their guests.

Room Tip: One at another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 280Anonymous
TwinTier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear 280Anonymous,
First let me thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Tewksbury for your recent stay while in the Tewksbury area. We are very sorry that we fell short of your expectations on the areas which you mentioned. You are correct, our pool hours mid-week (Monday – Friday) are 4pm – 10pm. On those weekdays, we do rent to a local pool school, use of our pool for infant and youth swimming lessons. Saturday and Sunday the pool is open from 10 am – 10 pm. Our team works very hard to ensure a comfortable guest experience and appreciate an objective view that our guests bring to our attention for improvement. We will certainly take your comments and experience into consideration as we regularly review policies and procedures that should be changed or implemented to improve the satisfaction and overall experience for our guests. We appreciate you taking time to notify us of your experience so that we can address those items that negatively impacted your stay.
Don DuPaul
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Away from the hustle bustle of the city of Boston Holiday Inn is worthy the stay. Very clean large rooms. Lots of parking space, surrounded by woods. Quiet place, full of greenery. Not much of a choice of food in breakfast menu but good taste.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter as we get to hear the A/c unit during the night but for some tim...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Asha2805
TwinTier, Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear ASha2805,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn along with the nice review of our spacious rooms and quiet, serene feel of our property. If there are some specific items you would like to see to enhance our breakfast buffet, we would welcome your input.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was nice, with clean, large rooms. It's very convenient if you are visiting friends or family in Andover or Lowell. And they allow dogs for only a one-time fee of $50, so that is really useful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank joshdouglas
Mr. Douglas,
Thank you for bringing your family on your recent stay. The Holiday Inn has always been a family friendly hotel and as such welcomes pets. We are grateful that we were able to provide this extra convenience for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!