“Convenient location, comfortable for the night”

TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
“Convenient location, comfortable for the night”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here one night on our way from New York to Maine. This was our first time staying at a TownePlace Suites hotel and it was a pleasant surprise. We liked the fact that there was full-sized fridge and mini-kitchen since we had our kids with us and a cooler full of food in our car that we were able to unload for the night. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious enough for the night. There are a couple restaurants just down the street so that was convenient also. All in all, it was comfortable, inexpensive and convenient, which is what we wanted. We would stay here again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Victoria A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Dear Tammy B,
Thank you for staying at the TownPlace Suites in Tewksbury, we appreciate your comments. We will be renovating in the sring and hope you choose to stay with us when your travels bring you back to the Tewksbury area.

Victoria Ashworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tucson
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked here on business travel for the week with a group of other colleagues. No one else had issues, so maybe it was my unfortunate bad luck, or the fact that due to extreme travel delays I did not check in till 4am.

The AC unit did not allow for me to turn the unit to off. The fan ran constantly all night long. If you are a fan of white noise, probably not a problem, but I prefer quiet. Room was right outside the pool and I awoke to kids swimming. Bed was not very comfortable, and bedding was a bit warn out, but was clean. My real complaint, moldy shower curtain. This was the main reason I decided to find accommodations elsewhere.

There are two other Marriot properties very close by, Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn. They were both more up to date and spotless for nearly the same price.

Room Tip: Lower floor of building one is right by the pool, just FYI
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Victoria A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Good Afternon,

Thank you for choosing TownPlace Suites during your stay in Tewksbury. I appreciate your comments and apologize for the condition of the room. We recently changed ownership and have a renovation planned for the Spring of 2015 and I hope you will choose to try us again when we are 'Brand new".

Victoria Ashworth

Travellers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

Vail, AZ
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place was very close to where I needed to be for meetings. I was able to walk and avoid getting a rental car. Staff was friendly. Room was outdated but did come with a kitchen area, and everything was serviceable. The building had apparently had a recent problem with smoke or a fire and although equipment was brought in to address it, the room still had an odd smell, and when I laid down to go to bed, it smelled as though the linens had come from a smoking room (which I was assured did not exist at this property). Housekeeping missed some things or was casual in their approach. If this were not so convenient for me I would have considered switching properties. There are other nearby alternatives I would consider, although perhaps the issues I encountered were temporary and will be resolved shortly.

Room Tip: I had issues with the room across the parking lot from the lobby. I'd try to get a room in the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Bradley,
Thank you for choosing TwonPlace Suites Tewksbury, we appreciate your comments and have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff. We will be renovating in the the spring and hoe you choose us again if your travels bring you back to Tewksbury.

Victoria Ashworth.
Jamesville, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here recently while in the area for a softball tournament and it wasn't a bad hotel, but it also wasn't one of my favorites. The staff was very nice and they had a sign acknowledging our team at the front desk which was nice, but overall some things seemed to be lacking. Since this is a Residence Inn, the rooms are designed more for longer stays, but they are nice because they have a full sized refrigerator, a microwave, stove/oven unit all within a "kitchen" area. The cupboards were stocked with plates and bowls but only 1 coffee cup and 1 glass. I mentioned this to the front desk and they told me that they would have house keeping bring in more, but that never happened. It was also unusual that there was a table, but only 1 chair. We had a party of three stayng in the room, but it appeared that it was set to be only for one person. There was a pool area that looked nice and a small grill that people could use, but there was only one table near the grill so we nixed our plans of cooking hotdogs for a "team" dinner one night. The room was clean, but seemed a little worn. They have a breakfast which concisted of granola bars, cereal, oatmeal, bagged patries and fruit. The breakfast area was very clean and new. The nice thing was that this hotel was situated relatively close to wre the tournament was being held and they gave us a decent team price for the rooms. If we come back to the area I would probably look at staying at one of the other hotels right along the same road before trying this one again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Milford Square
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This had to be one of the poorest stays at a major hotel chain I have ever had. And being a Marriot Silver Elite member, only made it worse; considering I support them on my business trips now, having switched from another major chain. I arrived on July 16th, and felt that someone had been smoking in the room recently. My suspicions were true, after finding cigarette burn marks on the bathroom tub and sink (4 to be exact)., and just for the record, this is a no smoking hotel. Climbing into the shower the next morning, I found a small bit of mold on the inside shower curtain. Because this was a business trip, I had booked 5 nights at the hotel. On the 3rd evening after after returning from a long day, I discovered that room service or a facsimile had entered the room, despite the fact that I had a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, made the bed, removed my bath towels, bathmat, bath soap, and paper towels from the kitchen unit. Calling the front desk for towels, and after a short wait, my wife went to fetch some towels, but the front desk could not ascertain whether the towels she was giving my wife, had indeed been washed. I found this odd, that they could not determine if they were clean or not. In the morning, I went out and purchased towels for my room. The following morning, I was awakened by a dog barking in the hallway outside my door. This is the LAST TIME I stay at a hotel that admits pets. The refrigerator was also a nuisance. Every now and then it would make a whole lot of noise and then make a crash sound. The first night, I discovered this bit of sound effects, is when it woke me up at 3am, after a 7 hour drive. Before I left, the kitchen light burned out. I tried to see if I could move to another Marriot close to where I was, but they were all sold out. Will I ever stay at this hotel again, only if hell freezes over. And just for the record, I was in room 124.

Most likely, a Marriot regional manager of sorts will reply to this email, expressing shock and disappointment that I had a mediocre stay, and that Marriot as a whole, does it's best job to make everyone happy. Quite frankly, this is just lip service, because what they should do, is march over to that hotel, and bring them up to the Marriot standard, and comp me 5 nights for one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. I like Marriot, and feel they do their best overall, but this hotel needs a reset.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rinchen-Mitch
Good Afternoon,
I am the new General Manager at the TownePlace suites in Tewksbury and this hotel is under new ownership at this time. It seems your suite was not up to your expectations of a Marriott hotel. We do have a renovation planned for spring 2015 and hope you choos to stay with us again if your travels bring you back next summer. Please feel free to contact me directly if you hvae any further comments 978-863-9800.

Branchburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Pros: breakfast were really good, surprising amount of variety & quality of the usual such level hotel's breakfast goods which are often very standard and lackluster with too much sugar, low quality starch often but here it was ok with the Quaker Oats instant oatmeal & nuts & raisins & high quality milk bottles; the exercise room is very nice; staff are spectacular, everyone is so so nice & helpful & willing to please; WiFi is super-fast (rare for most hotels)

Cons: maintenance is alright, housekeeping is really good but the outdated & very very tired physical room furniture & kitchen elements are in need of refreshing, 3 pans missing from 1 kitchen compared with another's, some dishes had crusty food left; wood ledge seems really dirty; tv software is really slow & non-HD; nothing nearby, anything requires driving (minus 1 Cracker Barrel & gas station 5mins walk away) so can find places closer to Boston

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank richardc020
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2014

While this hotel bears the "Marriott" name, the property/service was disappointing. Shortly after we checked in our toilet "broke" (flush mechanism). When I called the desk, I was told to use another bathroom- not offered another room. There are no set pool hours-- I guess it was by invitation only. There is an odor in the rooms as well. A guest must work around the staff schedule -- to get any cleaning of the room. In many different instances during our two week stay, it was clear that management had no "Plan B." Maintenance man called off sick; no one available to help; lifeguard didn't pass drug test, so pool was closed- one day at 4:00pm when it was 90 degrees. There are better options available in the area. This hotel needs a complete makeover!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover? Share your experiences!