“Reel Deal Charters is the way to go!”

Reel Deal Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Truro
More attraction details
Owner description: Reel Deal Fishing Charters offers daily fishing trips for striped bass, blues, bluefin tuna, cod and more! Anglers of all ages and skill levels welcome. Voted Cape Cod's Best Fishing Charter in 2012 by NECN's Cape Cod's A-List. Fish with the best on your next Cape Cod visit!
Orleans, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reel Deal Charters is the way to go!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Capt. Bob and his wife Elena run the premier Bass, Blues, and Tuna charter business on the Outer Cape. If you want to learn or are experienced the Reel Deal boats are the way to go to get on top of the bite. After watching the red and blue boats go in and out everyday, my father and I decided to sign up for a charter. Capt.Bob did not dissapoint, putting us on top of one of the best trophy striped bass feeds I have ever seen. Make sure to send Elena an email ASAP if you want to secure your dates because the "good" ones go fast. You will appreciate the awesome center console Reel Deal, SeaCraft's and the exceptional, top of the line tackle that round out the entire experience

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andrew W

dantastic16
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Day in Tough Conditions”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was my first time out with The Reel Deal fishing charters and I certainly hope it won't be my last. My wife and I took a bluefin tuna trip with Captain JR and had success landing a nice fish. The five star review is not entirely conditioned on the success of the trip - it's fishing , and it's fishing for an elusive and prized trophy fish, so our expectations were set going into the trip. We went out earlier in the season with another boat out of Boston and came back empty handed.

The experience with the Reel Deal started with the responsiveness, planning and organization of Elena. I've been fortunate to fish all around the country with charters both big and small and I must say that the planning and communication from the Reel Deal is second to none. It really set the tone for the service and skill that we saw out on the water.

Captain JR was friendly, knowledgeable and, most importantly - safe. The conditions were far from ideal, but we never felt nervous or at risk at any moment of the trip. Word to the wise - bring rain gear! We saw the weather report calling for sun and did not bring anything to wear. Captain JR not only brought gear for us but insisted that we wear it. I literally thanked him 10+ times along the trip for his planning and preparation as our rain gear was getting soaked from head to toe.

Captain JR never stopped working - whether it be guiding the boat from the big waves along the trip in or out, to trolling around for fish, to even helping reel the fish in when my arms and back gave out on me. All in, it was a grueling but rewarding experience. We were very happy with our decision to fish with the Reel Deal. Also, the trip was a great value. We've fished for bluefin and other large game fish in the past and were thrilled to find such a reputable organization with such great prices.

A bit of advice to those that have never done a trip like this before: in my opinion, the bluefin tuna trips are a bit more experienced than some other charter trips (striped bass). Keep in mind, you are often times traveling 30+ miles off shore (which can equate to a 2 to 3 hour, one way trip) in an open, center console boat with nowhere to hide (from the spray of the ocean or the elements). Chances are, you'll get wet (even if the sun is out) and you will see some nice swells of waves on your way out/in and while you are fishing. The boat is safe and the captains are very experienced, but I would be hard pressed to recommend the trip we took to a novice or someone who is prone to seasickness. Nothing worse than paying all that money, getting out there hours from shore and getting too sick to fish.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank dantastic16
Monroe CT
“Great Day”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went out 8/8/13, not the best weather day, but we caught loads of Strippers and Blues. Captain JR kept us on the fish all day. My boys and I have fished for many years and Captain JR, taught us new things that we will continue to use. The boat and equipment was in great shape and the cost of the fishing trip was very fair. When your teenager tells you he's not going, because he is tired and you drag him out of bed and when the trip is over he says, That Was Awesome," you know you had a great day. My buddy recommended Reel Deal Fishing Charters and now I will recommend Reel Deal Fishing Charters to anyone going to Cape Cod.

Visited August 2013
Winter Park, Colorado, United States
“August 8,2013”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Reel Deal Fishing Charters showed us a great day. Killer boat, rods, and tackle..Captain Bobby Rice has the program down to a science. Sometimes you fish all day, we caught all day. He kept us on the fish for hours. The entire experience was first class from sign up with Elena to Captain Bobby cutting up our fish. We landed more than 50 fish in four hours. There were several times when all of us had fish on at the same time! Captain Bobby did a great job with our kids as well. Reel Deal delivers a high quality experience for the well versed and experienced enough to adapt to your needs. We all felt like we were on a trip for us not the other way around. We will be back next year! Brad Smith, Winter Park, CO

Visited August 2013
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Striper heaven: A remarkable outing with Reel Deal”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

On July 16, 2013, our group of 12 chartered three boats with Reel Deal for a half-day striper trip. It was a truly phenomenal outing, from beginning to end. Most of our party had never been on a fishing charter before, but even for the veteran anglers among us, the experience far exceeded everyone's expectations. Despite the amount of fishing pressure on water that day (the commercial striper season had opened the Sunday before) the Reel Deal captains -- who know their business about as well as people can without being stripers themselves -- kept us on fish throughout most of the morning, even as other charters were radioing about loose lines. Each of our three boats caught more keepers than its cooler could fill. There wasn’t a dissatisfied customer in the bunch.

Also, scheduling the trip beforehand with Elena -- the eyes and ears of Reel Deal -- was a seamless experience. Her professional and pleasant demeanor throughout the transaction was more than a little appreciated. It’s what sold us on Reel Deal in the first place.

I can say without the slightest hesitation or doubt that we’ll be booking with Reel Deal again next summer—if not for a fall tuna trip!

Visited July 2013