“First time's a charm.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Price range: US$0 - US$12
“First time's a charm.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Went on Valentine's Day. Very busy obviously. Had heard mixed reviews. It's not the Ritz, but we'll worth the trip. Not much on atmosphere. It's a typical pub. You seat yourself. What makes it special is the staff, they work their butts off. The food is very good, fresh, piping hot and the portions are big. I had the prime rib. It was cooked to perfection, was very tasty and had plenty of Au jus, which I love. It came with twice baked potato and a fantastic tasting squash. My wife had the fish & chips which was huge and flavorful. My daughter had the lobster roll which was tasty, with lots of lobster meat and a grilled brioche' type of bread. My daughter raved so much about it, my wife got one to take home for the next days lunch. My daughter's friend had the broccoli & chicken alfredo. She also raved about her dish. The price was very reasonable. It's a small place with an open air dining
room with a bar. Good, reliable, casual place. I'll take that over The Ritz everytime!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tryhkbh

Uxbridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Best Fish & Chips in the Valley.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Ordinarily I would place an order for Fish & Chips on a Friday night because I find their F & C's to be better than most in the area. Not too greasy, nor too much batter. Just a good piece of fish that will certainly satisfy you if you are hungry.
The waitress, who was also the bartender ( Karen), made several trips over to our table to see if "everything was all right", which it was. The clientele seemed to be an older crowd when we went there at 6:45 PM on a Friday night. It was an enjoyable experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again.

• Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yikes!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you're not a biker (as in Harley, not Kawasaki or Schwinn), this place really isn't meant for you. That's not an insult; it's an observation. There are biker bars, plain and simple, and this is one of them. I'm sure if you're a Harley guy/girl and you like dive bars, you'll feel right at home. Also, if you like scary chick bartenders who throw around F-bombs like candy bursting from a pinata, then you've struck dive bar gold.

Visited June 2013