“Very nice B & B”
Review of Hanover House

Hanover House
Ranked #4 of 11 Vineyard Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Lovely B & B. Reasonable, too, compared to other properties in MV. Able to walk to Main St. where the shops and restaurants are. Staff great - friendly and accommodating. Loved the sumptuous breakfast (great waffles) and afternoon desserts. Stayed in blue room ( # 11?). Nicely appointed. Bathroom clean. Rug a little worn and a few dust bunnies behind the bed, but bright and comfy nonetheless. Enjoyed our stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here over labor day weekend in Room #8. The room was very cute and I loved our 4 poster bed. It was our first experience in a B&B so I didnt' really know what to expect but it was all great. The room and the bathroom were clean and I liked our breakfast every morning of pastries, quiches and fresh fruit. They also made eggs and waffles to order. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were available 24-7 and they provided cookies and some other type of sweets in the afternoon. The service was also great. This was a great first B&B experience for us.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank era63
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This is a great inn with very clean rooms. The staff are very nice! The breakfest is awesome, with homemade waffle,quich, and tons of fresh fruit and cereal. The owner Steve is great with recomending places to go, and things to see on the wonderful Island of Marthas Vineyard. A must stay for anyone staying in Vineyard Haven.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here for a week as part of our honeymoon in room #8. This place is very clean and located a few minutes from Vineyard Haven center where you can catch all the buses. The innkeepers are great, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was awesome -- honestly above and beyond that of any we've had at a B & B. It was all freshly made and a good variety...quiches, bread pudding, fresh fruit, etc. They accommodated one request we had -- to rewash our sheets in plan water because the standard detergent they use is really perfumey ~ not necessary because the place is clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We booked this trip 10 days before we went and Steve was so nice when I called. We were driving up from NJ to Cape Cod to get the last ferry over to the island, Steve offered some info on other ferries just in case we needed them. Once we arrived we went to our room and settled in. The next morning Steve had a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, eggs, coffee & tea. He has a stash of bikes in the shed out back that you can use on a first-come basis. My boyfriend and I took advantage of this and rode the bikes into town to explore Vineyard Haven & Oaks Bluff.

Room Tip: Room #1 in Clark House is small & bathroom is out in the hall - accessable with your room key.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed at Honover House over Memorial Day weekend, after concluding an organized bicycle trip where we stayed in Edgartown. I was looking for a less expensive inn that would allow me to explore the other areas of the island. Hanover House was perfect! The owner and staff are extremely friendly, it was absolutely spotless, the towells were plush, the bed was totally comfortable, and the breakfast totally exceeded my expectations -- it was outstanding.

I arrived early, around 1:00 pm, and my room wasn't ready yet, but they immediately offered to store my luggage/bike. Bicycle parking was in a nice garage, and mine wasn't the only bike there. Two extras I really liked: wide variety of Keurig coffees to choose from,and lots of attractive outdoor chairs/tables.

I will definitely stay here again -- no need to look anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Kimwax
Reviewed 16 November 2010

On our New England tour we visited Martha's Vineyard staying at Hanover House, which is very centrally located at only a few hundreds of meters from the ferry. It only took a few minutes to walk to the village, the shops and the restaurants..
The room was cosy, clean and comfortable. The breakfast wasn't the best we ever had, but it was all right.
We only had one day to discover Martha's Vineyard and we were helped enormously by the advice of the innkeeper who told us about the Right Hand tour. By continiously going right we would see al the sights on the island. This truly was a great advice and we had a wonderful day.
We think Hanover House is an excellent place to stay when you visit Martha's Vineyard.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
The Clark House
The Clark House
#6 of 11 in Vineyard Haven

Been to Hanover House? Share your experiences!