“What a complete Rip Off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Harbor Landing
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Miami Beach, Florida
“What a complete Rip Off!”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. From the moment we waked into the room I had a really bad feeling about the motel. I mean for over $200 a night you would at least expect the room to be clean. It wasn't! I mean the mold smell in the room was almost unbearable, but after lighting a candle I thought I was maybe overreacting. However this was only the beginning. The beds were uncomfortable, the staff was unbelievable rude and the level of service we received was almost nonexistent. Do your self a favor and avoid this place at all costs. They should not be in business and are a disgrace to the travel industry.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank 34088Islandtraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Bot a timeshare here for early May sight unseen and know I made the right move. Vicky and staff was great and helpful. Place has good supermarket down the street and near the bus dispatch center. Thus no need to ship car over. Room was large enough facing the park with a good view. We both felt we made the right decision. Place looked good inside and out.
I do not understand the two negative reviews. We` saw a lot of the Island.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank geraldscanlon
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Gen mgr could care less about you. She just wants your money and will lie to you. We didnt get the room we were promised on the 2nd floor. Ended up in a room that smelled like mold and feet. She charged 25 dollars for a broken rollaway bed that collapsed when u sat on it and injured one of the guests. When we asked for a refund or another bed, we were denied both and told we woyld be charged anyway for an extra guest. Are phone rang fifteen min before check out time and who wqs it, but vicki the gen mgr, she demanded we leave then at that time or we had to pay for another room. And this was after giving them 4 nights of business. Upon checking out, after arguing with her about the terrible service, she called me an asswhole and told me to go about my business. If it wasnt for the rediculous mgr and discusting rooms, it wouldnt be such a bad place. Beware! Ive warned you!

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank sfazio03

Travellers are raving about these Vineyard Haven hotels

Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I have stayed at Harbor Landing several years during the high season and always have had a pleasant visit. The price is right, the staff is helpful and the location is superb. The standard unit with a king bed is more than adequate, clean and comfortable for sleeping. Free coffee in the morning is a plus. I spend a lot of time on the patio talking to guests who are also complimentary and often cook their own food on the outrdoor gas grills. The common kitchen is a great place to prepare your own lunch or dinner and the recreation room offers a high definition TV for watching sports or other programs. I enjoy my stays at Harbor Landing and all the island has to offer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank DavidO60
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2010

The hotel looked fine on the outside but once you get inside you are greeted by people who are less than friendly. Once I saw that there is no hospitality I walked into our room on the first floor. The mildew smell and the mold in the shower was almost disgraceful. I felt dirty and disgusted. We tried to stay positive; it's just a bed, its affordable but to be honest, I would rather sleep in a car. I could go on and on about the terrible decor and the uncomfortable king bed with few sheets but I wont because I don't want to be rude. If I were you, do not stay here! Park your car in the free parking lot and sleep in your car. It is miserable and you don't feel safe. The most disappointing thing was at the end of my 2 night stay, I asked for one hour later to checkout and the office manager told me, NO we have to clean the room, you have to leave at 11:00. She was the rudest person I have ever come in contact with. I told her that I was unsatisfied with the room and think she needs to be aware of the smell...she said, "I dont care, we are booked here every weekend!" then I said, "...we will never stay here again," and she said, "GOOD, we dont need your business!!" If you stay here, be ready to be disappointed! It really is the worse hotel I've ever stayed in and I travel professionally for work. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank livingtotraveling
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I agree with most of the other reviewers. This hotel is clean with a "retro" style to it. The staff is wonderful - friendly and helpful. We stayed at this hotel on a Friday and Saturday night in the off-season. It was just my daughter and I, and we stayed in their smallest room - two twin beds, a fridge and a bath - perfect for us. We had a minor problem with our first room, one that could have easily been fixed, but instead of inconveniencing us, they just moved us to another room. There is a HUGE community kitchen on the ground floor. If you are traveling to MV on a budget and want to cook some of your own meals, this is the place. Not every trip to the island has to cost you a fortune! Enjoy -

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank chersull_99
Plymouth MA
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We stayed at the Harbor Landing this year as our normal hotel was booked for the particuolar weekend. The Harbor Landing is located downtown Vineyard Haven which is convenient for walking to downtown shops, ferry and local rest.'s and coffee shops. We had a small room but it had everything we needed for a weekend stay. Rooms were clean and the staff was nice and accommodated us with an early check in time and allowed us to leave our bags in a common area after we had checked out. We would def. stay here again

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Harborside Inn
Harborside Inn
#3 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!