“Convenient, but a resort it is NOT!”
Review of Harbor Landing

Harbor Landing
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Harbor Landing
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
BeverlyMass
“Convenient, but a resort it is NOT!”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

WE stayed here during the shoulder season using an interval trade. We had a great week on Martha's Vineyard, ant the Harbor landing was very convenient. We own four timeshare properties and this was certainly the lowest level property that we have ever stayed in. First, the positives. Convenient, clean rooms, quiet (except for one item which I will elaborate on later), and a good kitchen to make your own meals. We did not use the kitchen, but there were some who did. I'd have to assume that everyone who did has the same cleanliness that we do, but I doubt it. You clean your dishes and pans, etc. in a sink not a dishwasher. Is this even legal in a shared kitchen?? The room service was good and unobtrusive. They kept our room very clean. It would have been nice to have a hook in the TINY (room for one only) bathroom, but it was ripped off the wall and never replaced.

Upon arrival, we waited over 15 minutes to check in as the maintenance manager was upstairs painting some rooms. He gave us keys and warned us to always have them with you as they lock the doors after 8:00PM (although an emergency exit was open after ten Pm because someone could not close it properly).

The noise I mentioned happen to be a high level sprinkler from the neighboring park hitting our screen windows every time it went by the window from 11:45 to midnight. It sounded like someone trying to raise the screens until we investigated. Also, if you are not able to climb stairs or have difficulty, let them know. They have no elevators to the top two floors. Another guest we met had to beg for a ground level room because of bad knees. The corridors are small, dark and rounded. Yes, the sides of the corridors are easily 3 or 4 inches lower than
the middle due to settling. Glad I did nott come back tipsy after dark.

OK to say here, but due not pay much. We traded and spent $150 for the week. It was worth that, but choose a hotel if you want the real Martha's Vineyard experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Grampster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This charming little hotel located in the mainstream of Vineyard Haven proved to be the perfect spot for our two week stay. Located a very short walk to beaches, bus service to all parts of the island, unique shopping and dining,and home of the Black Dog, there is absolutely no need to rent a car. The room was very clean and had a small fridge which proved to be very convenient to us. A central fully-equipped kitchen available to all guests as well as an outside grill makes you feel at home. The manager was so very efficient, kind, and accomodating. We hope we can return next year!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ally s
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My experience was miserable. The sign out front looked classy but other than that my room there was less than pleasant. I was in town for a wedding and due to the busy weekend Harbor Landing was the only hotel available. I was upset with the smell of the room. It's AC window unit made me feel unsafe and was terrible loud at night. There was mold inn the shower and no shampoo or soap to use. They did have a refridge but it was loud like the AC and power code hanging out of the ceiling. I also felt uneasy about my stay due to the rude attitude of the management, housekeeping and night watch at the front desk who sits behind the glass. If I had to stay here again, I wouldn't because it is VERY overpricessed, dirty, unsafe and GM is heartless. I strongly urge no one to stay here, you too will be disappointed and feel dirty when you leave.

• Stayed March 2011
4 Thank Jaden0909travelbug

Travellers are raving about these Vineyard Haven hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. From the moment we waked into the room I had a really bad feeling about the motel. I mean for over $200 a night you would at least expect the room to be clean. It wasn't! I mean the mold smell in the room was almost unbearable, but after lighting a candle I thought I was maybe overreacting. However this was only the beginning. The beds were uncomfortable, the staff was unbelievable rude and the level of service we received was almost nonexistent. Do your self a favor and avoid this place at all costs. They should not be in business and are a disgrace to the travel industry.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank 34088Islandtraveler
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Bot a timeshare here for early May sight unseen and know I made the right move. Vicky and staff was great and helpful. Place has good supermarket down the street and near the bus dispatch center. Thus no need to ship car over. Room was large enough facing the park with a good view. We both felt we made the right decision. Place looked good inside and out.
I do not understand the two negative reviews. We` saw a lot of the Island.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank geraldscanlon
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Gen mgr could care less about you. She just wants your money and will lie to you. We didnt get the room we were promised on the 2nd floor. Ended up in a room that smelled like mold and feet. She charged 25 dollars for a broken rollaway bed that collapsed when u sat on it and injured one of the guests. When we asked for a refund or another bed, we were denied both and told we woyld be charged anyway for an extra guest. Are phone rang fifteen min before check out time and who wqs it, but vicki the gen mgr, she demanded we leave then at that time or we had to pay for another room. And this was after giving them 4 nights of business. Upon checking out, after arguing with her about the terrible service, she called me an asswhole and told me to go about my business. If it wasnt for the rediculous mgr and discusting rooms, it wouldnt be such a bad place. Beware! Ive warned you!

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank sfazio03
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I have stayed at Harbor Landing several years during the high season and always have had a pleasant visit. The price is right, the staff is helpful and the location is superb. The standard unit with a king bed is more than adequate, clean and comfortable for sleeping. Free coffee in the morning is a plus. I spend a lot of time on the patio talking to guests who are also complimentary and often cook their own food on the outrdoor gas grills. The common kitchen is a great place to prepare your own lunch or dinner and the recreation room offers a high definition TV for watching sports or other programs. I enjoy my stays at Harbor Landing and all the island has to offer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Harborside Inn
Harborside Inn
#3 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!