“Delicious...”

Mikado Asian Bistro
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a very enjoyable and reasonably priced dinner tonight. The staff is efficient and very friendly. The service was quick.

1  Thank Linda and Joe C

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I know the restaurant is new and there are some kinks to work out. I will tell you about them so you are prepared—the noise level is very high due to bad acoustics, service is hit or miss but not unfriendly, the seating has no ambiance, some dishes are prepared better than others. But I had a good meal—shrimp lo mien, and so did my friend (hers was something with snow peas) on the evening we went in September, It was headache crowded inside, our server was busy but others stepped in to bring our food, fill water, and bring the check. There are many Asian dishes to choose from on the menu—Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. Gluten free is not a problem. Our food came from the kitchen impossibly quick—it was like magic. I hope they stay open for winter. Even with the noisy crowd, and the hard seats I enjoyed.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The general atmosphere was good and we had good expectations for our dining experience
My wife and I had the tuna and salmon teriyaki respectively.
Neither resembled anything like a teriyaki dish we'd had before!
The salmon was over cooked and neither of the fish had been marinated but merely a thin, fairly tasteless sauce applied to them.
The service was very poor. Our waitress knew nothing about the beer on the drinks menu and even thought the cider was a beer!
At the end of the very bland meal, the waitress handed us the bill whilst clearing the plates away and then wanted to know if we wanted any dessert etc!
We hadn't even finished our drinks!
Neither of us are fussy eaters but neither of us would recommend this place to anybody unless they like bad food and bad service.
I am genuinely not one to complain but I felt the need to post a review given the overall bad experience we had.

2  Thank Julian C
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We were just taking a walk checking out where we wanted to eat and passed the Mikado.
The menu was displayed on a board outside so you could see everything before even going in. We are primarily vegetarians and in addition don't eat shell fish, so we are very limited in our choices. We had the tofu teriyaki which came with miso soup. We ordered a side salad also. The presentation was beautiful with an edible orchid. The owner or manager couldn't have been any nicer. We had made reservations and we were glad we did because it was crowded. We were sorry we didn't go back again for the salmon teriyaki. Very nicely decorated. Also has full bar.

1  Thank Marsha G
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We are local so we've eaten here several times and never been disappointed. We have tried Chinese fare, sushi, Japanese and Thai dishes and they were all incredible. The servers are helpful and kind. Fast becoming a weekly event.

1  Thank Kara C