“Another amazing experience!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Vineyard Haven B&B and Inns
Windermere, Florida
“Another amazing experience!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I have been enjoying retreats at Thorncroft since 1984. Lynn and Karl have upheld the same high standards for all of these years, I cannot think of another place that has lived up to the expectations held as Thorncroft has. The Inn is lovely, the rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed, the breakfasts are nothing short of sumptuous! You know you are in a great place when you book your next stay before you even leave...we did that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I spent the two days after our wedding at The Thorncroft, and I stayed there the night prior to the wedding. We live on the island and had a choice of where to stay as it was in the shoulder season and chose The Thorncroft for its location and the reputation of the inn. The Buders are delightful innkeepers and conversationalists. I had skipped the breakfast the day I was there alone as there were many thing that required attending. However we had breakfast there the next two days and found it thoughtfully composed and delightful.

I have traveled for business quite a bit over the past several years although typically not staying in B&B's but rather in chain hotels. I found the cottage thoughtfully appointed, lacking a flat screen TV perhaps, however I had no intention whatsoever of looking at a television and in most travel situations it is, for me, secondary. It was a most comfortable room and the Buders made sure it was well kept while I was there. When my spouse's co-workers wanted to put a gift and rose petals in the room, Karl placed them there to protect the room and privacy. They went the extra mile for us and it was very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emtnek
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This inn is about a mile from the town's Main Street. My boyfriend and I stayed in the cottage property which is the most secluded of the Thorncroft rooms (room #10). The room was perfect, very clean, antique four poster bed, and fireplace. The bonus of this room is that it has its own secluded, enclosed hot tub room. Very relaxing!!! The staff was great and complimentary breakfast was delicious!! I would definitely recommend for couples looking for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: I would suggest bringing a car to get around. It's about a mile walk to downtown.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenna6
St. Louis
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

We are innkeepers ourselves taking a much needed vacation, and where do we choose to stay when we travel? B&bs of course..a "Better Way to Stay"! We couldn't have made a better choice than the Thorncroft Inn on Martha's Vineyard. Karl and Lynn have been innkeepers for 30 years and they have perfected the art. Everything about our stay was extraordinary, from the beauty of the property itself with its lush gardens, the spectacular private cottage and the yummy breakfast prepared by Karl to the kind and friendly hospitality. Karl and Lynn are the consummate professionals who have set the standard for other inns.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jerilyn S
New York
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Charming, quiet, ultimate Vineyard experience! Perfectly cozy and charming room with fireplace. Wonderful location in Vineyard Haven. The owner, Carl, could not have been more helpful. He gave advice on the best beaches, restaurants, routes around town. Provided beach chairs and towels. Imteally miss his delicious home cooked breakfast every morning. Service was impeccable, too! Will definitely return!

1 Thank meeshnewyork
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had an amazing weekend at Thorncroft Inn. The owners and staff were always accommodating and friendly. It rained for most of our weekend but we enjoyed our time in the cozy room. Room was comfy and we had great sleep since house and location were super quiet. The breakfast was so good I took pictures every morning to show my friends and family. We are from NY and know good food, I was blown away every morning by not only the menu and taste but the presentation as well. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank sonyaod
New York, NY
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Innkeepers were somewhat annoying, even by the usual standards of bed and breakfasts. I was somewhat seasick from the boat trip on arrival, and for the entire weekend the staff was joking about it! Room and bed were comfortable. Location was inconvenient if you do not have a car or bike (appx one mile walk to village of Vineyard Haven).

6 Thank stormville
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs
The 1720 House
The 1720 House
#4 of 11 in Vineyard Haven

Been to Thorncroft Inn? Share your experiences!