“Amazing... just don't suck as passengers.”

Witch of Endor Sailing Charters
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing... just don't suck as passengers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife, mother-in-law and 5-year-old son went for a 2-hour sunset cruise out of Menemsha. Pascal arrived right on time at 6:15p but I was having limited success getting my son to walk a 1/2 mile along the beach back to the dock without being distracted by the ocean. I also have a limited sense of direction and we ended up keeping our captain waiting for about 15 minutes.

He greeted us politely and we stepped into the inflatable raft that would take us to the ship. My wife and mother-in-law have a fear of small vessels and I brought enough photography equipment to document the dawn of the apocalypse for the alien race that would find earth's remains. It was everyone's first time in a sailboat and we had no idea how to behave or what to expect.

After we climbed into the ship and got settled, we watched an amazing sunset. Maybe our captain was having a not-so-great day, but I picked up a subtle negative vibe that stuck with me the entire trip. I felt like I was being judged for sucking as a passenger (which I probably did, despite my efforts). He was a super-chill guy, but I felt like I was imposing on his laid-back, relaxed, one-with-the-sea world and he quietly resented me for it. I felt like crap about myself for the rest of the night.

Maybe he just had a bad day. But have your act together for maximum enjoyment.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank Melvin J

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Splendid sailing, splendid captain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Our sail was customized to the groups' wishes: i.e., maximum time under sail combined with a sunset. We willingly paid modest additional fees to extend our sailing time and increase the number of people in our group. Captain Pascal's obvious competence and verbal explanations of sailing and the boat made the new sailors among us feel secure. He also played the perfect host (special refreshments) and recounted stories and histories of the Vineyard and sailing en route. Of importance to the few guests who were interested, the captain graciously accommodated the small attempts to assist in the sailing tasks. So here's to Captain Pascal! I hope to have the chance to sail with him again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank pkratt
Stamford, Connecticut
“Best Charter on Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Been to a few charters and found this to be a great boat with a great captain. Won't even try any others as long as they are sailing!

Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chance of a life time experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband has always had an obsession with ships. We have models of ships in our home. His passion had always to be on one so, while vacationing in Martha's Vineyard this past year, I contacted Witch of Endor Sailing Charters and was so thankful I did. The Captain, Pascal, was the best host ever! He made us feel at home and suggested the evening sunset sail. What a beautiful sight! He even had drinks and snacks for us. He told us the boat was ours for the evening and to explore any of it we wanted. He gave a grand tour of the ships in the yard and the island. The sunset was just as amazing as he had said it would. The ship cat was an added plus. He was the true captain. (or so he thought) :)
Would recommend this excursion to everyone.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank gods
Cherry Hill, NJ
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Special treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Chartered this lovely sailboat for a 3 hour cruise. There were seven adults and three children. My 13 year old grandson said it was the best thing he had ever done. Captain Pascal was so gracious and so nice to the children, showing them how to haul sail and even letting them steer.
This was truly the best part of our vacation.

Visited August 2011