“The WORST manicure/pedicure & service!”
Review of Polished - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Polished
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“The WORST manicure/pedicure & service!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

It is hard to imagine crying after leaving a salon from a bad mani-pedi, but that is what happened to me and my friend. Upon arrival, I was dismayed to find that the "intimate" salon was actually a renovated tattoo parlor. Honestly. The short, condescending nature of the salon owner carried throughout the appointment even to the point of an argument over sparkles in a polish with my friend. The owner not only exhibited unprofessional behavior toward us the clients, but she continually berated her assistant throughout our treatments. The same night after leaving the salon my Shellac manicure began to peel. At a price tag of $195 (before the gratuity that was requested by the owner) for one Shellac mani-pedi and one traditional mani-pedi, we left feeling ripped off and completely disappointed.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank jwhitney19

Boston, Massachusetts
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Nice little intimate salon”
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Polished is very small, but with a soothing, intimate atmosphere. No big foot bath chairs, but comfy chairs and big tubs to soak your feet in. I had the basic mani and pedi, and they did a nice job. The prices are higher than the mainland, but not bad for the Vineyard. A very pleasant experience

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service, rude owner, claim they can but really CANNOT accommodate a large party, prices too high for the Viney”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My bridal party thought it would be nice to support a local up and coming business. The facility is so small, the owner made people sit outside on the street. The services were very expensive. She cut them short and tried to charge for one person who couldn't make it. She called me on my wedding day to get my debit card number because supposedly the first time it didn't go through. On my honeymoon I had to call and argue because there was an astronomical charge that didn't add up correctly. The attitude and overall vibe was so negative and not at all like the laid back lifestyle I've grown up with on Martha's Vineyard. They say something will go wrong with your wedding and this was definitely it. I wish I had asked around first because I later learned the word was getting around about how terrible Polished is! Next time I'll do my research.

4 Thank hclane23
polishedmv, Owner at Polished, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
I wanted to thank you for your response. We here at Polished are happy when people make comments. I too am sorry your appointment went south, however when you booked for your wedding party it was for 10 people. We had informed you about our 24 hour cancellation and no show policy. The morning of your services we at the spa were looking forward to having you as you were our first wedding party.
When you arrived you told us that only 7-8 people were having services. No 24 hour cancellation was given and with that you were told you would be charged. At that point no one was a happy camper, neither the wedding party nor the spa techs.
As your guest stared to come in to the spa they were asking to sit outside under the canopy at the table and chairs which are shared with the coffee house next door. They were asked to sit outside; as the spa is very small and your guest were all standing around.
The services had been done and all paid for except the brides and the charges for the no – shows. Everyone was now gone and we ran the card on file only to find out it was denied.
So all and all the day at the spa was not the best for any of us but we did do you nails and you went off and got married.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hot Rocks Polished delivers...”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

When I read these things I am never sure if the are real. Yes this is a real person with a great real hot rock pedicure. Polished is just that, classy, peaceful, clean and wonderful. If you have some time treat your self to a POLISHED experience. You will be glad you did, this was my 4th time in 6 months and each time I brought a family member to have a great time too.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Bllb57
Santorini, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soft Feet”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I walked into Polished after having my coffee next doorat Mocha Motts. I found Polished to be a very polished. Rosette made me feel like I was at home and not thousands of mile away. Had a wonderful service and wish her the best. Great little place

Visited November 2011