“Great for small children”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Vineyard Harbor Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Reviewed 22 August 2009

My husband and young son stayed here in June. It was their first "getaway" together to visit some family on the island. I booked the motel with a little trepidation due to some of the past reviews but he was so pleased with the place I thought I'd pass it on.

He said the room was clean and comfortable, and his favorite part was the small BEACH RIGHT ON THE MOTEL GROUNDS. The water was too cold at the time for swimming but my son had a blast playing in the sand and watching the ships go by with NO hassle of beach gear etc. I'm sure this would be a great feature during the high traffic season especially if you have little ones that are happy to just splash around and wade.

They strolled into town easily and enjoyed all that Vineyard Haven had to offer. Within walking distance from the ferry, you really could have a nice vacation here without any need for a car.

A great value and great location.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2009

I have been staying at this motel at least once yearly since 1982. No it is not fancy. I have always found it clean and comfortable and inexpensive. Sometimes I stay in an amazing place for up to 3x the price for a couple of nights all over the island and then appreciate staying longer for lass and saving my money for shopping, excursions and food. Sunrises amazing year round. I love to watch the boats in and out of the harbor. Lots within walking distance and buses to many locals. I have stayed without my car and enjoyed the ease of location.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank lovetheviews
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I'm so glad I didn't listen to the bad reviews about this place. We rented the Penthouse Suite for $215/night - unheard of in Martha's Vineyard during the summer season. The staff was so pleasant! The room was spotless. We had our own private balcony, king bed, full kitchen (stove, refrigerator, microwave). There was also a living room area with pull out couch. I traveled with my husband and son (16 months old).
The living room had an armoire with cable tv, stereo, books and movies (for any rainy days). The windows had a nice view of the harbor. The bedroom area also had cable tv. The bathroom was a little small but very functional. There were also two air conditioners which made the suite very comfortable during the steamy days we were there. And they had a cute private entryway with a spiral staircase leading to the suite.

It was so nice at night once the baby went to sleep, to sit on our balcony and sip wine and look at the boats coming in and out. This place also has a private beach. Very small but it suited our needs with the baby.

I would recommend this place to anyone with a family and couples.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We arrived to find our room unheated- turns out they shut the heat off during the day when people are out of their rooms. Also, seem to have problems replenishing things like toilet paper -left several times with less than a quarter of a roll with no replacement. Burner doesn't work on stove in our room. Water for shower either takes 20 minutes to warm up or comes out scalding hot usually while you are in the shower. The price seems right especially one night free until your room is not on the list to be cleaned, stocked etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank moebeck
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We stayed at the Vineyard Harbor Motel and found it to be clean and pleasant. The location cannot be beat - it's withing walking distance of quite a few restaurants as well as the ferry. The room decor is a a bit outdated (except the carpet, which was brand new!) and this did not come as a surprise considering the inexpensive rates - you can't expect the Ritz at $100 a night on the Vineyard - but what you get is spotless, comfortable and suits its purpose well.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Vineyard Harbor Motel was great. Kevin and staff were extremely nice and helpful. Quaint rooms and the deck looking over the harbor was the perfect setting to drink my coffee and read my book in the am. It is walking distance from town and shops/restaurants (Vineyard Haven). We would definitely go back. Thanks D&T

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 10 June 2008

I was very surprised after reading the reviews how nice this place is. It was Clean and friendly. We had a nice big room and the beach was very private. Close to Main street and the only MINOR complaint I would mention is the traffic noise....Also, if you want to have a few glasses of wine, BYOB, this is a dry town.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fab5ulous
#1 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Vineyard Harbor Motel? Share your experiences!