“Great Place - Great Hospitality!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Vineyard Harbor Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
Beeville, Texas
“Great Place - Great Hospitality!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Nancy and Kevin were exceptional hosts; we were a party of 5 (all female)
We had a wonderful stay on the island ... we did not have to worry about personal belongsing left in the room and/or vehicle. Kevin and Nancy worked wtih us at the last minute on changing our reservations .... they really love the business.
The rooms were clean, the kitchen well stocked with dishes, flatware, paper towels, linens, etc.
They were very knowledgeable about the tours, restaurants, stores, and island history.
Great stay .... great rates ... clean beach ... comfortable and relaxing!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
boston
Reviewed 30 October 2009

There is little to beat Martha's Vineyard in the Fall - the crowds are gone, the trees are turning to fall colors,, the beaches are deserted, and many of the restaurants and shops are still open....so that even if by chance you get a rainy day there will still be plenty for you to do. We took our bikes and it was glorious to use the dedicated bike/walk tracks - and cycle from town to town on paths that were mainly all ours alone. We stayed at the Vineyard Harbor Motel in Vineyard Haven (probably the liveliest of the towns at this time of the year) and the Motel was perfect - we took one of the rooms with a kitchen, which was more like a suite, with a big picture window looking out directly on to the small private beach, and the sea a few yards beyond. It was both spotless and quiet, and its outdoor atrium, connecting the rooms, gave a lovely Mediterranean feel to the place. And of course much less expensive than it would have been at the height of summer. So go if you can - you wont regret it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Let me just say I began trying to find a good place to stay on the vineyard at the last minute before Labor Day so I didn't have high expectations to find a place with a vacancy! After a few calls trying to find someplace that would not cost $800 for two nights I came across this hotel. The woman on the phone was more than courteous, and it was near the main ferry terminal which is convenient even though I was planning on flying in. I'll tell you I would have slept in a budget motel if I could get on the island for a few days of well deserved rest so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The layout of the building has more in common with a nice hotel than a motel so don't let the name throw you. As we walked through the front door we walked into a very nice grass courtyard and back onto a private beach area with lounge chairs. The room we were given was clean and very up to date, not the dingy 1980's look at all. The manager was patient and answered all our questions w/out making you feel like a lowly tourist like some on the island can. And the prices were less and the quality/location better than the $230 a night place I stayed earlier in the summer. All in all really a gem of a find on the island. We will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 22 August 2009

My husband and young son stayed here in June. It was their first "getaway" together to visit some family on the island. I booked the motel with a little trepidation due to some of the past reviews but he was so pleased with the place I thought I'd pass it on.

He said the room was clean and comfortable, and his favorite part was the small BEACH RIGHT ON THE MOTEL GROUNDS. The water was too cold at the time for swimming but my son had a blast playing in the sand and watching the ships go by with NO hassle of beach gear etc. I'm sure this would be a great feature during the high traffic season especially if you have little ones that are happy to just splash around and wade.

They strolled into town easily and enjoyed all that Vineyard Haven had to offer. Within walking distance from the ferry, you really could have a nice vacation here without any need for a car.

A great value and great location.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I have been staying at this motel at least once yearly since 1982. No it is not fancy. I have always found it clean and comfortable and inexpensive. Sometimes I stay in an amazing place for up to 3x the price for a couple of nights all over the island and then appreciate staying longer for lass and saving my money for shopping, excursions and food. Sunrises amazing year round. I love to watch the boats in and out of the harbor. Lots within walking distance and buses to many locals. I have stayed without my car and enjoyed the ease of location.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank lovetheviews
Providence, RI
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I'm so glad I didn't listen to the bad reviews about this place. We rented the Penthouse Suite for $215/night - unheard of in Martha's Vineyard during the summer season. The staff was so pleasant! The room was spotless. We had our own private balcony, king bed, full kitchen (stove, refrigerator, microwave). There was also a living room area with pull out couch. I traveled with my husband and son (16 months old).
The living room had an armoire with cable tv, stereo, books and movies (for any rainy days). The windows had a nice view of the harbor. The bedroom area also had cable tv. The bathroom was a little small but very functional. There were also two air conditioners which made the suite very comfortable during the steamy days we were there. And they had a cute private entryway with a spiral staircase leading to the suite.

It was so nice at night once the baby went to sleep, to sit on our balcony and sip wine and look at the boats coming in and out. This place also has a private beach. Very small but it suited our needs with the baby.

I would recommend this place to anyone with a family and couples.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
greenwich,ny
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We arrived to find our room unheated- turns out they shut the heat off during the day when people are out of their rooms. Also, seem to have problems replenishing things like toilet paper -left several times with less than a quarter of a roll with no replacement. Burner doesn't work on stove in our room. Water for shower either takes 20 minutes to warm up or comes out scalding hot usually while you are in the shower. The price seems right especially one night free until your room is not on the list to be cleaned, stocked etc.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Vineyard Harbor Motel? Share your experiences!