“Clark House definately great stay on Martha's Vineyard.”
Review of The Clark House

The Clark House
Ranked #6 of 11 Vineyard Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2008

My family and I stayed in the Vineyard suite. It was fantastic. We have only praise for the Clark house and Lisa. The suite was beautiful and very comfortable. Every need we had was met. I would not stay anywhere else on the island; I have found my place! We'll be back.....hopefully soon!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 October 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our honeymoon, after Boston and Cape Cod. It was a lovely B&B - 5 mins walk into Vineyard Haven, or you can flag down the bus for Edgartown and Oaks Bluff. Lisa, the innkeeper, was a star - on our last night there was a storm coming and we were worried about getting the ferry the next day to get back to Boston to fly home. If the wind hits more than 40mph you're stranded on the island! Lisa kept a check on weather sources, called around to find alternatives and even packed us up some lemon poppy seed cake as a breakfast when we left at 6.15 the following morning!
Every afternoon there are freshly baked cookies, and each morning a lovely spread of waffles or pancakes with fruit or even chocolate, cereal, sausage, bacon, eggs, yoghurts - not a place to go if you're on a diet! And you could come down and grab tea/coffee and candy bars whenever you wanted - and the choice of hot drinks was astonishing!
A great affordable spot on the Vineyard!
[Worth remembering that Vineyard Haven is a dry town - we took our Champagne to celebrate the end of our honeymoon, and enjoyed some fabulous food from the Black Dog cafe and bakery!]

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2008

This summer my family and I joined our friends on a wonderful trip to the east coast. Our trip included spending time at The Clark House, a beautiful B&B on Martha's Vinyard. The B&B was booked by the time our friends made their reservations but the Inn Keeper, Lisa suggested they stay at the B&B next door. Lisa helped make our ferry reservations and even helped make our friends B&B reservations. While there Bud and Lisa gave us great suggestions on things to do. Getting up in the morning was easy knowing that one of Lisa enticing breakfasts was waiting for us. This vacation was special because the B&B provided all 7 of us bicycles to ride around the island. Our son finally mastered the art of bike riding there. Staying here was the highlight of our vacation and we look forward to returning to The Clark House in the future.

Thanks Bud and Lisa

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I had the pleasure of treating my 82 year old Aunt Julia to a Martha's Vineyard weekend. The pleasure and the memory will forever be shared by both of us. Lisa and Bud are terrific hosts and I really did feel like a special guest in their home. Their home is immaculate, comfortable and cozy. Breakfast on the porch was delightful and the afternoon goodies and fresh lemonade was a special treat. The house is perfectly located just far enough away from any hustle and bustle but in walking distance to a great little town and just steps from the city bus that will take you anywhere on the island. Lisa was helpful and shared her knowledge of the area. I felt like an "island native" and even started to give tips to the other visitors over breakfast. So before my beautiful weekend ended I began making plans for a return visit. See you at the Clark House!! Nancy Brooks, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy0708
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I was planning a vacation with my daughter before her return to college. I had never stayed at a B&B before and was just looking online when I bumped into the Clark House Inn. I called and spoke with Lisa and knew right away that this was the place to stay. Lisa was informative, friendly and made me feel at ease immediately. In speaking with Lisa , she offered suggestions that were very helpful in planning my stay on the Vineyard. I was so glad that I took Lisa suggestion and didn't bring my car. The Clark House is in a great location, walking distance to Vineyard Haven and near public transit stops. We were able to walk just a short distance , hop on a bus and go anywhere on the island.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. It was quiet every evening and we were able to get a good nights rest. Lisa's breakfasts are delicious! Waffles, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and chocolate pancakes!!! Plently of variety.

Lisa knew all the ins and outs of the island. She suggested that we go to on a jeep ride on Chappaquick.. Lisa made the reservations for us and supplied us with all the details. It was fantastic!

The best part of our stay at the Clark House was the hospitality of Lisa and Bud. They were friendly , helpful, and just the nicest people. I felt as if I were home. The atmosphere was easy, and comfortable. There is no question that I would highly recommend the Clark House Inn and hopefully we will have the pleasure of staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2008

The house was in a great location and beautiful. It had everything that we needed for our stay. There were board games and cards, assorted drinks, wine to buy and even chocolate chip cookies and lemonade available daily. The breakfast was wonderful and a good assortment was provided. Lisa was always pleasant and very helpful in providing suggestions for the day

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Everything was wonderful! Lisa was very pleasant and very helpful. Our room with private bathroom was CLEAN and charming, and the bed very comfortable. We stayed two nights so had two breakfasts, which were varied and delicious, served in the dining room or, weather permitting, the lovely enclosed front porch. And when we got in late in the evening, the homemade cookies waiting for us were a welcome treat! I would recommend Clark House to anyone going to Martha's Vineyard. Excellent in every way.

Stayed: June 2008
#3 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Clark House? Share your experiences!