“Good Food”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wakefield
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at the Lord Wakefield (CLARION) hotel North Ave Wakefield.
Up from Florida for Family funeral....
Must say we had the "BEST" breakfast and Dinners at the hotel restraunt. Would rate this gem A FOUR OUT OF FIVE STAR..
LORD WAKEFIELD IS A HIDDEN gem THAT Wakefield people need to know about and try.
Frank from the Villages in Florida.

Room Tip: Anyone at thedesk is great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Frank,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff and food at the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff and managers.

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been a frequent guest at this location and have not only found it to be a great location to get to the highways , I am also able to say the staff is all very kind & helpful .The rooms are clean,the restaurant serves good food & great drinks . NO DISAPOINTMENTS HERE!
Lori Metcalf

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to grow. We hope to see you back again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Me and a couple of friends needed a place to stay last minute and this hotel was friendly, cheap, and accommodating. They realized that we were a couple of students trying to save some money so they offered us the biggest room in the hotel. The room overlooked the lake and it had all the basics (air conditioner, televisions, ...etc). We needed additional towels and the staff were friendly and came with them promptly. The best part was the breakfast! Seriously, if you need another reason to stay here do it for the breakfast. Delicious homemade pancakes, omelet and biscuits all included. We paid 80 for a night and the breakfast alone was worth 40+. Stay here if your look for a nice well priced hotel near the city of Boston. A 15 car ride will put you right in the heart of Boston. We will definitely be staying here again when we visit. Thank You.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review. We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Checked into this hotel on a Thursday night (1/16/14) because friend was participating in the local band night in the lounge. Though the bar was really not that busy, my friend was ignored for at least 10 minutes when he tried to buy a drink for me. We ordered food, (chicken parm and sirloin tips)which were surprisingly very tasty with a large portion size.
The room was clean, however,the cigarette burns on the bathroom sink were off-putting, especially for a non-smoker. The room's noisy heating/cooling unit ran for approximately 3 minutes, then turned off for 20 or so seconds and then turned right back on again. This cycle continued the entire night, despite changing the thermostat settings. I finally shut the unit down completely at 5 AM, but the television in the neighboring room was so loud that sleep was impossible.
I finally couldn't take any more and packed up and left at 6:15 AM. Be aware, the parking lot is very poorly lighted, and the area is desolate with many (?) warehouses or closed businesses around. I met some sketchy characters (three men who appeared to be drunk) on the way to my vehicle in the dimly lighted parking lot, who made inappropriate sexual remarks to me. As I was driving out, one of them lurched out in front of my car causing me to have to swerve to avoid him. Very scary...I would not recommend women venture into this parking lot alone between dusk and dawn.
My first...and last stay at this location.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, get a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan41569
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you felt unsafe in our parking lot. We do have multiple flood lights in our parking area but I will pass on your concerns to the maintenance department to review.

Travellers are raving about these Wakefield hotels

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Highly recommend! Spent 6 nights during the Thanksgiving holiday. Family members live 5 minutes away from the hotel. It is a wonderful place to return to after hectic holiday fun. We stayed in a renovated room with an unobstructed view of the lake. It was very comfortable and decorated nicely. The staff was accommodating and friendly. We will definitely stay there every time we visit family.
Location is very convenient to almost anything you would want.

Room Tip: Lakeside, renovated rooms are the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank beachtch
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear beachtch,

I am very glad you enjoyed staying with us during your Thanksgiving visit to family. We look forward to hosting you again soon.Maybe at Christmas time?;) I will be passing on your positive remarks to the hotel staff. Thank you again.
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I am in town for business. I want a warm room, comfort, friendly staff who can answer questions,a place where I can find affordable food, I have found it all here. It is close to the highways. Easy to find.
A nice place to rest after work.
Breakfast is at a good price. Try the quesadillas after work

Room Tip: close to Boston without the Boston prices
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear cinkell,

I would like to say thank you for such a great review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us and hope you continue to enjoy the breakfast as well as the Quesdilla's!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

as others have written the hotel is in new ownership and renovation.
you can see the hotel has seen better times but the owners make up for it and i enjoyed my stay very much.
The view to the lake is very nice at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Catherine S
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 11 in Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North

Been to The Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!