The Lakeside Inn
Red Roof
US$147
US$133
HIExpress.com
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington(Woburn)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$133
US$211
US$180
Courtyard
US$151
HIExpress.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at the Lord Wakefield (CLARION) hotel North Ave Wakefield.
Up from Florida for Family funeral....
Must say we had the "BEST" breakfast and Dinners at the hotel restraunt. Would rate this gem A FOUR OUT OF FIVE STAR..
LORD WAKEFIELD IS A HIDDEN gem THAT Wakefield people need to know about and try.
Frank from the Villages in Florida.

Room Tip: Anyone at thedesk is great
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Frank,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff and food at the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff and managers.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been a frequent guest at this location and have not only found it to be a great location to get to the highways , I am also able to say the staff is all very kind & helpful .The rooms are clean,the restaurant serves good food & great drinks . NO DISAPOINTMENTS HERE!
Lori Metcalf

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to grow. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Me and a couple of friends needed a place to stay last minute and this hotel was friendly, cheap, and accommodating. They realized that we were a couple of students trying to save some money so they offered us the biggest room in the hotel. The room overlooked the lake and it had all the basics (air conditioner, televisions, ...etc). We needed additional towels and the staff were friendly and came with them promptly. The best part was the breakfast! Seriously, if you need another reason to stay here do it for the breakfast. Delicious homemade pancakes, omelet and biscuits all included. We paid 80 for a night and the breakfast alone was worth 40+. Stay here if your look for a nice well priced hotel near the city of Boston. A 15 car ride will put you right in the heart of Boston. We will definitely be staying here again when we visit. Thank You.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review. We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Checked into this hotel on a Thursday night (1/16/14) because friend was participating in the local band night in the lounge. Though the bar was really not that busy, my friend was ignored for at least 10 minutes when he tried to buy a drink for me. We ordered food, (chicken parm and sirloin tips)which were surprisingly very tasty with a large portion size.
The room was clean, however,the cigarette burns on the bathroom sink were off-putting, especially for a non-smoker. The room's noisy heating/cooling unit ran for approximately 3 minutes, then turned off for 20 or so seconds and then turned right back on again. This cycle continued the entire night, despite changing the thermostat settings. I finally shut the unit down completely at 5 AM, but the television in the neighboring room was so loud that sleep was impossible.
I finally couldn't take any more and packed up and left at 6:15 AM. Be aware, the parking lot is very poorly lighted, and the area is desolate with many (?) warehouses or closed businesses around. I met some sketchy characters (three men who appeared to be drunk) on the way to my vehicle in the dimly lighted parking lot, who made inappropriate sexual remarks to me. As I was driving out, one of them lurched out in front of my car causing me to have to swerve to avoid him. Very scary...I would not recommend women venture into this parking lot alone between dusk and dawn.
My first...and last stay at this location.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, get a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Susan41569
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you felt unsafe in our parking lot. We do have multiple flood lights in our parking area but I will pass on your concerns to the maintenance department to review.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Highly recommend! Spent 6 nights during the Thanksgiving holiday. Family members live 5 minutes away from the hotel. It is a wonderful place to return to after hectic holiday fun. We stayed in a renovated room with an unobstructed view of the lake. It was very comfortable and decorated nicely. The staff was accommodating and friendly. We will definitely stay there every time we visit family.
Location is very convenient to almost anything you would want.

Room Tip: Lakeside, renovated rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beachtch
Robin B, Front Office Manager at The Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear beachtch,

I am very glad you enjoyed staying with us during your Thanksgiving visit to family. We look forward to hosting you again soon.Maybe at Christmas time?;) I will be passing on your positive remarks to the hotel staff. Thank you again.