“Simple but effective buffet for great price!!!”
Review of Asia Treasures

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Simple buffet but between value, cleanliness, and staff this is a STEAL for lunch every day of the week and a later afternoon dinner on Sundays!!!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was our first time here and it was a disappointment on many levels. We stopped here for lunch at about 12:30pm. Surprisingly, there were about a dozen tables occupied. The host greeted us and on our way to our table he asked us what we wanted to drink. We both said water with lemon. Before we got to the table he stopped to speak to the waitress and pointed us to the table where he wanted us to sit. He stayed with the waitress and we found the table by ourselves. We noticed a buffet table when we entered and we were surprised since we expected a sit down meal.

When the waitress did arrive with our water (only one had a lemon slice) and no menus, she asked us if we wanted the buffet. We assumed that that option was the standard lunch so we said yes.

She then left and we sat there alone wondering whether there was a soup option. She never asked for our choices. I also never had a chance to ask her for a lemon for my water since she was gone so quick. She didn't come back until we were nearly finished with our first buffet plate. We also noticed that she was the only waitress for all of the tables.

After sitting at the table for awhile, we decided that we should go to the buffet table and maybe the soup was there. It wasn't...

There also wasn't much food there. There were about seven or eight hot trays on each side of the buffet table. About three or four were empty. For example, there was no shumai (pork dumplings) in the dim sum pot, no pot stickers (dumplings) in the tray, no sushi or maki at the 'sushi' table. Several other trays were also empty. There was also something that was called 'pepper calamari and shrimp' that looked like small fried onion rings. My wife took some and she said that she found a small shrimp but the calamari was dry.

As we returned to our table with the first plate, we passed our waitress and asked her where the soup was and she said she would bring it to us. I guess it was not the custom for the wait staff to ask us for a soup order while we were at the table.

Honestly, the food was terrible. The chicken finger that I took was good and moist, but that's where it ended. The boneless ribs were dry and the beef was chewy and salty. As we were finishing the plate our waitress finally brought us the soup. To my surprise my Hot and Sour Soup was full of stock and a large portion. Too bad the broth was watery and unflavorful. I only finished half the soup. It was the worst that I ever had.

We then went back to the buffet in pursuit of the shu mai (the last three were taken by the person ahead of us), there still was no sushi but I did get two pieces of maki and I also found one pot sticker before we retreated to our table to push the dishes aside that our waitress was too busy elsewhere to remove.

In fact, most dishes were still remaining on the table we she arrived unannounced and brought us the check.

I would say that we had a bad day here and the waitress had a worse day.

It was so bad that we are tempted to go back just to see if this is real.

2  Thank jackmcf
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Went there with a groupon and never knew the restaurant was here. The staff was great, friendly, the buffet was excellent, hot, fresh and restocked as needed. We will be back!

1  Thank pjopie
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Food is not bad. Not as good as nearby Gingo or MaiPlace (which deliver to the same area), but cheaper- especially if you print the coupon from the website or from a mailing. Now, my home flooded and I lost my printer (amongst other things). Tried to show the coupon on my phone and the woman flipped out on me.
Apparently they have a VIP program that you pay $35 and get 15% off your total bill for the year (including alcohol- which is illegal in Massachusetts). I guess if you want to spend over $234/yr there, it makes sense.
If you want relatively cheap Chinese- go for it. But there are better tasting options in the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

food is decent, drinks are good. Nothing above and beyond but go there once and a while for some chinese