“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #15 of 61 Restaurants in Walpole
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Ginjo is a very pleasant, modern oriental restaurant that specializes in Japanese cuisine, but offers more traditional Chinese as well. The hibachi grill is a really fun evening. Do it with a group and dress casual. The grill master dispenses saki "squirts" but it probably will splash a bit. Food is good, atmosphere fun. They have a sushi chef in house and everything is custom made for you. Very fresh and a great variety. Well priced and pleasant. Good lunches as well Try a Bento Box.

1  Thank Dick P

Reviewed 13 October 2012

The service was slow and the food was average cheap greasy Chinese food. The sushi that we ordered was nothing to write home about... Had a Groupon coupon to use but would not return.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I had dinner here tonight and we were pleasantly surprised. Ginjo is located inside the CVS Plaza in the center of Walpole. We both enjoy Asian restaurants, especially Japanese, and we have never been here. Well, we will be back.
We were expecting a typical small strip mall restaurant because of the small sign facing the parking lot. Despite the deceiving appearance from the parking area, the restaurant is large inside, claen and nicely decorated including a Sushi Bar, a Lounge, and plenty of seating. They serve a varied menu including both Chinese and Japanese food. We focused on the Japanese dinners.
The Japanese menu was one of the largest that we have seen in the area. These dinners range from full sushi and sashimi, to Hibachi Dinners, Tempura, Teriaki, and Agemono meals and Bento Boxes. They even had Udon Noodle soups which we both love.
My wife chose the Teriaki Shrimp Bento Box and I had the Combo Deluxe Sushi and Sashimi with twenty pieces including the tuna maki. Both came with miso soup and a house salad. The only complaint that we had was that the ginger dressing on the house salad could be improved. It wasn't spicy enough and the salad was watery. Despite that small problem the dinner was wonderful. The sashimi was a larger than a normal cut and the sushi was longer than normal. My wife's Bento box included a large portion of shrimp, rice, california maki, and two spring rolls. We enjoyed both.

Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

Can't believe what wonderful sushi! Generous quantity, amazingly fresh, beautifully presented and delectable! Do not miss this place!

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have visited Ginjo twice now for take-away (take out) - the staff is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The sushi rolls are amazing - many to choose from. I have not dined in there but will try that since the atmosphere is pleasing.. the only downside is Keno (I think Keno detracts from the credibility of an establishment but I understand it
brings in the crowds ...and appears to only be available in the bar area). For a suburban area, this restaurant is very nice addition. Overall - the sushi is fresh and of high quality and quite tasty...will definitely be a repeat customer!