I want to start by saying this location is probably the nicest Embassy Suites we've been to. It is large, clean, and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are a very nice size and the beds are comfortable. We appreciated the size and layout after 5 days in a teeny tiny NYC hotel.
The hotel is approximately 15 minutes outside of downtown Boston. It's right off of I 95 and convenient to anywhere you need to go. It's about 5 minutes from the Riverside T station. This is the green line - we parked at Riverside and took it to Fenway for a Red Sox game. It was very quick and convenient.
There were just a few things that kept me from giving the hotel a 5 ranking (would give it a 4.5 if Tripadvisor allowed it!!) - there wasn't a fan/vent in the bathroom, there was a strange smell in our room - most noticeable when we first walked in. At first I thought it was smoke, but after being there for 3 days I think it was the scent of cleaning products. It was very strong. Also - breakfast was very, very crowded. The serving area where the food was became very messy very quickly. Cereal was spilled everywhere. Plates and certain food items would run out quickly. The staff was very hard working and doing their best. It seemed that there just needed to be more people working to keep up with the very large crowds. Seating wasn't a problem - we were able to use the bar/restaurant area in the atrium area when there weren't any tables.
That being said, my family enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it and return if in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham located in Boston’s High-Technology, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences Belt and corporate corridor along Route 128 and Highway 95. Our upscale hotel is just 20 minutes to downtown Boston and 25 minutes to Logan International Airport, convenient to Brandeis and Bentley Universities, Wellesley and Regis Colleges. If you’re traveling to Boston on business or vacation, enjoy spacious two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary nightly Manager’s Reception. Plan your business conference, reunion, Bar Mitztvah, or wedding in one of our nine meeting and banquet rooms which can accommodate up to 300 guests. Enlist our experienced catering and meeting staff to plan a memorable event. Our all-suite hotel provides you with more. Enjoy signature omelets at our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary parking, a 24-hour BusinessLink Business Center, indoor heated pool, and 24-hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Boston / Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Doubletree Hotel Boston Waltham