“Pretty Good But Tiny Improvements Needed”

HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Mississauga, Canada
“Pretty Good But Tiny Improvements Needed”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was our first time staying here. And we did enjoy it, however, we found that it just needed some tweaking in certain areas.

Pros:

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was very clean and I thoroughly enjoyed the kitchen amenities in the room. Everything was up to date including stainless steel appliances and quality cookware.

The fitness room had new equipment, complimentary earplugs, towels and water available.

The quality of the food at this hotel was quite good too.

Cons:

Our room, in suite B, had a window that wouldn't lock. Not very reassuring when we have small children. Not to mention valuables such as our passports. I would also like too see, if possible, a high chair in our room as opposed to only the dining area.

Although the quality of the food was good, they could offer more of a breakfast array because the serving area is quite large. They could also provide basic supplies such as straws. Along with making it easier to locate a high chair.

While I was working out in the fitness room, I had the experience of two young girls come in. They didn't have any shoes on, began jumping from machine to machine, almost breaking one, and were very loud. Couldn't hear the music through my earplugs. They were unsupervised and basically were using the room as an indoor playground. After I finished my workout, I went to the front desk to complain and the front desk clerk told me that the children shouldn't be in there.
A sign needs to be placed outside the room indicating age restriction.

Room Tip: Our room was great despite having a window that didn't lock. Double check the locks on your wind...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank C K
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate all the items that you suggested for us to improve one. I hope that if you are in th Waltham area again, that you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed for a week for business. The shuttle was great for taking us out to get something to eat. The breakfast and evening snacks were a great way to start and finish the day.

Clean rooms, nice beds and the coffee is good!

No Bar, but walking distance to many!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor facing out
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GLMbaconman
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the many amenities that we offer with your room. Hopefully when you are back in the Waltham area that you will stay with us again.
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Very spacious living and kitchen. Full size appliance and large table for both work and dining. Excellent lighting and comfortable chairs. Very clean and comfortable dining area with fair selection for breakfast and after work snacks.

Comfortable bed and quite surroundings. Lmited (but nice) selection of nearby places to eat but nothing within walking distance.

Will stay there again next time.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin C
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review on the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We appreciate all feedback given to us. We look foward in seeing you on your next visit to the Waltham area.
Fremont, California
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel far exceeds my expectation. It is close to the businesses yet remains a quiet hotel. The staff is excellent. The shuttle service is convenient and flexible, especially when I need a ride outside the reg hrs. The evening reception came with a nice soup and a baked potato bar during my visit.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AChung94536
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We try to make sure every guests stay is as pleasant as possible. We look foward in having you stay at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham on your next trip to the Boston area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2013

To start off, they send you a personalized e-mail that wasn't computer-generated. Nice touch.

The e-mail told me that Kim would be checking me in, and there she was when I got there. She was great and when I got back from picking up dinner and had forgotten ketchup, she went and got me a whole bottle since she couldn't get to the packets. Problem solving 101.

The room was huge, being a one-bedroom suite with a living room and kitchen. The heat wasn't working, but one call to Kim and the friendly handyman came in and took care of that quickly.

I love the Hyatt bed. Period. I got a great night's sleep. WiFi is included and parking is free - as it should be.

I didn't use the gym, but took a look and it's got a few cardio machines and some free weights which looked to be in good shape.

The only issue I had was the breakfast. The selections are extensive, but I had noticed that they weren't keeping the milk chilled. I mentioned it to the kitchen staff, who didn't seem to understand the issue with what happens when milk gets warm sitting around. On my way out, I mentioned this to the GM who addressed it right away, and when I brought this up in my Hyatt survey afterwards, she quickly reached out to me to thank me for bringing it up and letting me know what they've fixed this problem.

Overall, a great property, a great night's sleep and great service by people who care about doing a good job. The next time I'm in the area I'll return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MattNY
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you so much for the great reveiw and appreciate all your feedback. We look foward in seeing you on your next visit and please drop in and say hello.
Great River, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Check in by pleasant front desk personnel. This was the two-bedroom suite and didn't disappoint. The larger room was handicapped-accessable and the smaller was more than adequate. Both rooms stocked with amenities, large-screen TV's in both bedrooms and common area and a fully equipped kitchen.
Next morning, a full and complete hot complimentary breakfast at 0630. check-out uneventful. Free parking.
Located just off I-95/128. DD close by (if you must). Also Costco, Home Depot (likewise, if you must). Stones throw from Lexington (just up I-95). Going back this week and probably again thereafter. A Very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Hotel does not have its own restaurant but nearby hotels do.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank SpencertheSpy
Thank you for your great review. We are always striving to be the best that we can be. If you have any other comments, please feel free to reach to me. Thank you again!
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt House before (when it was called Summerfield Suites). The staff is excellent and the maintenance has corrected a few items that were lacking previously. It's a very comfortable hotel and the complimentary breakfast is very good. Fresh scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, yogurt, etc. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is having the sink outside the bathroom. This is a problem for my husband and me when one goes to bed late and the other gets up early.

Clean, comfortable, nice flatscreen TVs, well-equipped kitchen. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Cornell69
Thank you for your comments and we look foward in seeing you again.