HYATT house Boston/Waltham
Best Western Plus Waltham Boston(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$170
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Boston Waltham(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$160
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitefront deskfull sizebit datedomelet stationgreat optionnice sizelaundry roomfree breakfastthe breakfast areabusiness centersitting areahome away from homewould definitely stay here againboston walthamshuttle service
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

A disappointment from start to finish. The lobby smelled like fish, the carpets were dirty and the room freezing cold. Not sure why Hyatt attaches its name to this one. Also difficult to find from both street and with GPS. Overall a big thumbs down.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelingunraveling
Carrie B, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that we failed to provide the service that you should expect from our hotel brand. I will certainly follow up with our Operations team regarding the condition of your guest room and our Front Desk team. One of the major purposes of your review is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides us with valuable information that we can use to improve our Hotel and service delivery. I deeply apologize for not meeting your expectations of our hotel.

Justin Shore

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

You can get the same quality of room and service at a quality inn. Wall paper was peeling, carpets were worn, they had only one elevator in a building that needed at least 4 (one in each wing), the pantry at the front lobby was completely empty.
Only redeeming points for this location was the all suite rooms and great breakfast (omelette bar).

This chain should not have the Hyatt name attached to it. The quality and maintenance of the property is not quite up to par.

You will however get a comfortable bed and free breakfast that make the price worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Carrie B, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and that we failed to provide the service that you should expect from our hotel. I will certainly follow up with our Maintenance team regarding the carpets and the wall paper and our Front Desk Hosts regarding the guest market pantry which you have mentioned. Thank you again for your feedback which provides us with valuable information areas for improvement and that we can use to improve our service delivery.

Justin Shore

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here for two nights for the Boston Flower Show in 2013. It was terrific; I would honestly love to live in an apartment like this. The price was reasonable and the atmosphere was like home. I slept great. Not only complementary breakfast, but dinner too although I cooked my own dinner. The best and least expensive hotel I have stayed in. The only problem was the distance from the city center of Boston combined with the traffic...I thought I was going to die driving to and from Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Carrie B, General Manager at HYATT house Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Victora K,

Thank you so much for your nice thoughts of the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you enjoyed the Boston Flower Show as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel looks and feels low rent. We stayed there for 3weeks during our son's wedding. It is a shame, because the suites are a perfect size and well laid out; the problem is the cleaning staff and general run of the hotel. The housekeeping staff varied from great to terrible and most times they didn't bother showing up. One night they came at 8pm to clean the room! It was ridiculous. Right from check-in you see signs of ill-repair; lobby is small, elevators are dirty and desk staff are ill-groomed and wearing golf shirts as uniforms...very unprofessional. The kitchens are great, and the living area large and comfy, but after a few days of not cleaning, it becomes very tiresome trying to chase down housekeeping. Hyatt should take it's name off this place because it feels like a Super 8.

Room Tip: The 2bedroom suites have great kitchens and perfect to share among family or friends, as they have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ibis R

Ibis R,
I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. I want to thank you for your feedback about the hotel as well as the staff members. I take this feedback and try to improve the hotel on this. I have reviewed your comments with my management staff and we are working on improving our housekeeping services as well as the over all appearance of the hotel. I would love for you to give us another try when you come back to the Waltham area to see the improvements that we have made. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was booked at the Hyatt House because the Westin in Waltham was fully booked. The suite was great - based on availability I was upgraded to a two-bedrooms spacious version which would have been perfect for a family of 4 but obviously not really necessary for one night business visit. Breakfast and parking are free which is also a benefit compared to Westin and other hotels. Internet was also free. Downsides in my view were the general look (lobby and reception area may be modernized a little) and a very very loud airconditioner. But the value for the room rate is good and taking into account additional services, worth a 4* rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Savert Family,

Thank you so much for the kind words of your stay with us here at the HYATT house Boston/Waltham. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as just like they are at home. I hope that if you come back to the Waltham or Boston area again, that you will choose us again for you stay. Thank you again and have a great day!