When I read other reviews associated with this hotel, I gathered that most people were looking for someplace cheap to stay close to Boston. The first part is definitely true, hands down. The Hyatt Summerfield Suites have an amazing price for what they offer. The only drawback I could find was the location. At least four other hotels are on the same street with this chain (not my complaint at all just an observation) and its right off of I-95 BUT there is considerable construction around which makes traveling a bit confusing, but, alas, I am not writing a review of local Waltham roads...
The studio suite we stayed in was quite lovely. There is more than enough space for two people. The full kitchen is impeccably clean with new appliances and great dinnerware. The living area (LOVED the sleeper sofa) is cozy and comfortable. The king bed was a bit uncomfortable but everyone has their own sleeping preferences. Separate vanity area from the toilet and shower (water pressure was a bit funky in our room). Personal climate control is a nice touch, as is the free high-speed internet. I brought my laptop on this trip and was able to load pages and search without any trouble. I heard great things about the breakfast (never made it). The front desk is not as friendly as some other chains but again that can't be counted against the hotel. Different strokes for different folks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just seconds off of Interstate-95/Route128. The Hyatt House – Boston/Waltham is conveniently located near many attractions, companies, and educational institutes. Located just 2.5 miles away from Bentley University and 3.6 miles away from Brandeis University, the property is very conducive for those students/families visiting and attending these major colleges. Our property is also convenient for those traveling to/attending Lasell College, Regis College, Boston College, Boston University, Wellesley College, MIT, Tufts University, Babson College and Harvard University. In addition, the Hyatt House – Boston/Waltham is located only 2.5 miles away from Moody Street in Waltham, MA; a tourist/local favorite. Moody Street (“Restaurant City”) is Waltham's historically well-known town center and is lined with a variety of restaurants, bars/pubs and local attractions. Situated in the heart of the Massachusetts Route 128 technology belt, only 15 minutes from downtown Boston the Hyatt House is an excellent option for business travelers. It is centrally located to the corporate offices of Dassault Systemes, Deloitte & Touche, IBM, Microsoft, Raytheon, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Siemens, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Verizon. All Hyatt House hotels are smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your HYATT house Boston/Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Summerfield Suites Waltham
- Hyatt Waltham
- Waltham Hyatt
- Waltham Summerfield Suites