“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Verona, New Jersey, United States
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

A great place with spacious rooms. Free FULL breakfast. Like having an apt. on the road. Close to many eateries and stores. 20-25 mins. to Boston. Right on the Charles River with a walkway along the river. Nice little patio are with a grill. Super friendly staff and owners. The owner built it himself with what HE would like in a hotel in mind.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We often stay at the Crescent Suites because it's so welcoming, comfortable, up-to-date and has many amenities. In addition to a lovely breakfast with cappuccino, included with the room, there are lots of fluffy towels, mouthwash, and other extras not provided by other hotels. Free Wi-Fi and phone calls, along with large Direct-TVs in the room. The owner and staff are always asking what they can do for you, and provide water and other drinks and fruit at any time. The setting is on a street, but there is a lovely preserve and lake behind the hotel, and a short walk to a forested area. There are outdoor lounge areas on the property and tables for outdoor eating. The location is terrific, with a short drive to the Turnpike, major highways, and even the trolley into town. There are supermarkets, movie theaters and lots of shopping nearby.
So, whenever we come to the Boston area, we stay at the Crescent Suites hotel and plan to do so for years to come.
Rose from Florida

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Last month was the second time I've stayed here, and the experience was seemless and met or exceeded expectations on every level. Michael and his team are welcoming, accommodating, helpful, professional and uniformly courteous. Its easy to stay here and always a pleasure. I recommend it highly, and will stay again when I'm in town. The best!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My son went to Boston College and then law school at BC and now Both my son's are living in Boston. I feel my husband and I have stayed about everywhere in our 8 years of traveling from Chicago , I am so happy to have finally found Crescent Suites , we stayed over Memorial day weekend...... the staff is WONDERFUL and the rooms are clean and inviting. I just made reservations for September and the Charles in October.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Meekow
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We just spent 4 nights at Crescent Suites Hotel in Waltham, Ma. I highly recommend this place to anyone who plans to visit the Boston area. The two rooms in our suite were exceptionally clean, well-appointed and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. As noted by other reviewers, the complimentary breakfast is a great way to start the day. Parking was ample and did not require a separate fee. Access to downtown Boston by car is relatively easy if you have a basic knowledge of the area.

Overall, this is a great value for the money.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Okay, so my review title might be a bit confusing...in short, it is meant to convey that this little gem is what a hotel experience should be. The big chains should take a page from the experience that each guest gets when staying at Crescent Suites.

I met the owner on my way out, shook his hand and said, "this place surprised the heck out of me." He indicated that he had traveled a great deal during his professional life and could never find a hotel that perfected service without breaking the bank.

Anyway, staying here was by accident. I had intended to stay in downtown Boston but unfortunately most of the hotels were booked solid due to graduation events. I got on Trip Advisor and found what turned out to be a great experience.

I only stayed the night but in that short time I took in all the little things that this place does to make a believer out of most, if not all guests. The owner said it best when he explained that once you've paid, everything else is included. Wifi, parking, breakfast, an assortment of snacks, coffee (and not the cheap stuff either), fruit, juices, etc., etc., etc.

The hotel is located next to a river in a town that from my humble perspective was very quaint. Some good food options were within walking distance (but being a So Cal native, I drove)...and found parking to be easy and free.

The rooms were very large with a full kitchen and had a ton of things like shampoo, soap, mouthwash, first aid kit, coffee and the like all complimentary.

All-in-all, this place had great value and service at a very reasonable price-point.

Thanks Crescent!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Milwaukee
Reviewed 27 May 2013

To wrap up a week working in Boston, I stayed at the Crescent Suites for two nights to round out the long weekend. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious, and the hotel is centrally located in Waltham near Brandeis. My only complaint was that the service was bit uncoordinated. In particular, when we were checking out, I attempted to use the business center to print our boarding passes. Finding that the printer was out of ink, I had to call the front desk for help. To get the passes printed, it ultimately took three visits from two staff members to get it sorted out and in the process, it seemed like I was annoying them because I needed to get my passes. On the upside, if you want to be left alone, this is the place to be. It is really quiet, there are beautiful park views, and the rooms are set up for long term stays. When I return to the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LillyMilwaukee
287Crescent, Owner at Crescent Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Hi Lilly,
First of all, thank you for having been our guest, and thank you for considering staying here again. I want to assure you that your request to replace the Ink was not annying to us at all, to the contrary, we try very hard to keep everything in good working order, if it seemed that we were scambling, we were, as we were trying to find the correct ink, we ended up taking the ink from another office printer to assure that the business center printer worked properly. We also welcome any guest to use the front office printer if necessary. Thank you for your review.
Michael Colomba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waltham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham
HYATT house Boston/Waltham
The Westin Waltham-Boston
Best Western TLC Hotel
Best Western TLC Hotel
#7 of 11 in Waltham
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Been to Crescent Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!