Booked 5 rooms for our extended family as we had a family wedding in Cambridge and the Watertown area. The hotel staff was very welcoming and was very helpful. They went out of their way to greet us each time we entered the hotel and would ask us about our day (except the guy on night duty Saturday night who never looked up and did not acknowledge us). We came down every morning to have coffee and gather on comfy chairs/ couches in the lobby area. The rooms were very well equipped and comfortable. I called before booking and talked with a lady behind the desk and explained that only 3 of the 5 families had transportation (personal cars) and the 2 families that did not have cars needed to use public transportation. We were told as the time that the hotel had a shuttle and would be able to accommodate our travel needs. They would make sure to have the shuttle available as long as we gave ample notice. WELL...when we arrived in Boston and asked if the shuttle could pick us up near the T station we were then told that "our shuttles do not go out to the T stops and that we had to call a taxi." So, I asked what a taxi would cost and they said, "Should cost you about $40" WHAT? This was an unexpected surprise to us. They then told us we could take a bus to the hotel and proceeded to tell us how to combine the T with bus service. The bus took over 1.5 hours to get to the hotel from Cambridge. We then asked about the shuttle taking us to the reception in Watertown (as promised on the phone) and were told, "We do not have shuttle service on the weekend...I am sorry if someone told you that we could provide a shuttle." SO, we had to pay a taxi service to take us...another unexpected expense. On Sunday we went into Boston and ventured back to the hotel in the afternoon. The attendant at the front desk told us where to get the bus to take us back to the hotel. When we tried to catch the bus on Sunday afternoon to return to the hotel, the bus driver told us the bus DOES NOT go to the hotel on Sundays and gave us directions and suggestions for calling a cab to bring us to the hotel...we had to pay for another cab to take us to the hotel. Lastly, Monday morning we booked the shuttle to take us to a bus station where we could catch a T for the airport. The driver had to take a last minute business man to a meeting and as a result, we were going to miss the bus connection. Feeling really badly about the last minute inconvenience to us THE DRIVER WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE SURE HE GOT US TO A BUS STATION THAT WOULD BRING US TO THE T. HE WAS FABULOUS AND THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR STAY AT THE GARDEN INN. The conclusion to be made by this long, winded review is: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CAR. We were given some inaccurate information and this inaccurate information cost us extra expenses, extra time, and a lot of frustration. Lesson learned: DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL IF YOU NEED PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of the Massachusetts Route 128 technology belt and 30 minutes from downtown Boston, the Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham hotel helps you make the most of your time in the area. Great transport links keep you in easy reach of some of the area's top sites and attractions. Stay connected with complimentary WiFi and a 24-hour business center. Head to the fitness center for a workout or take a dip in the pool. Enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast or delicious dinner at the Great American Grill(R). Our Waltham hotel offers a choice of unique function rooms, making it the perfect venue for your next Boston meeting or celebration. Minutes from Brandeis and Bentley Universities, this Boston hotel is perfect if you are in town to visit the kids at college or attend a reunion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham Hotel Waltham
- Hilton Garden Inn Waltham
- Hilton Waltham
- Waltham Hilton