“Another Nice Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here on a trip to Boston, Massachusetts because it was right outside the city and cheaper than staying in Boston. I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inns in the past and they always do a great job. When we checked in we told the front desk worker that we were stuck in so much traffic from driving to Pennsylvania to Massachusetts. He was extremely nice when he gave us free complimentary coupons to the hotel breakfast since we had a rough day. How nice that people care about their jobs enough to help out guests! It was very surprising and we were thankful!

Our hotel room was very clean. All Hilton Garden Inns that I've stayed at supply a microwave which is a nice touch. The hotel was undergoing renovations in the front lobby of the hotel but that didn't cause any interruptions on our trip. It was a little noisy in the lobby of the hotel one night but that was because there was a wedding or some sort of celebration taking place in one of the ballrooms. We only heard the noise while in the front entrance.

In the morning breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the different food options! I would definitely choose this place if you want efficiency and a great location close to the city of Boston!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Boston hotels are a bit expensive, so I stayed in Waltham, about 20 minutes from Boston. This hotel was a good surprise for me. It is a 3 star hotel but the rooms are large, confortable and clean, and the staff is very simpathetic. I really thought I was in a 4 star hotel... I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Atilio A
Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Atilio,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Sometime, the hotel star rating doesn't quite match up with the experience. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit us again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was surprised, thinking that as a Hilton this would be a good hotel, the bed was very uncomfortable, the coffee maker did not work, we were 3 floors above the banquet room where there was a party going on it was very very very loud. The breakfast/buffet was very confusing, there were no prices, no menus and no helpful servers. I would not recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for our missteps and the noise issues you encountered. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for business in October 2013. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. The staff were extremely pleasant and the hotel was perfect for my need. Good breakfast, free Wifi, well appointed rooms. Free coffee and water in the lobby and cookies. Good gym as well and right beside a park for a run.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Also, thank you for posting your positive experience on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This will be my 2nd stay at the Hilton garden inn in Waltham, MA. I'm very pleased to say that the stay just gets better every time. They have always accommodated my room requests and have even wrapped up food and wine from an event held at the hotel and sent it up to my room!
John Mohan, manager, has been tremendous to work with from setting us up with a great conference room at un unbeatable price and without having previously reserved it to making sure all the tech in the room worked. If you are looking for a great hotel in Waltham, with great service and accommodations, look no further.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Roberto,
Jon was very grateful to read your comments about his service. Thank you for taking the time to notice the efforts of our staff during your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting the Boston area for a volleyball tournament at Brandeis University.
The staff was accommodating and eager to assist either the parents or the team representatives.
I thought the hotel was:
-clean
- had ample free parking
- has a decent bar for an evening or after work drink
- the $12.95 breakfast is tasty and offers lots of combinations

The afternoon cookies were a welcome treat.
Two things that could have been better. There was a large plastic bag of dirty linens and a few wine glasses left in our hall for an entire day and night. The other thing was group party in a conference room on the main floor and we could hear the music on the 4th floor. I can't believe guests on 2 could sleep at all.
All-in-all I would stay here again.
Another thing, there is a decent restaurant across the street named Naked Fish. I had the talipia tacos and thought they were good.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room. Noise from the lobby area travels.