“Very nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We recently stayed here for after a Christmas party that was held at the hotel. The lobby of the hotel is very spacious and beautiful. The front desk staff was friendly and made check in very easy. Upon entering the room, we were amazed at how clean it was. The room it self was nicely decorated but a little tight near the desk area. To get to the window you had to squeeze between the end of the bed and the desk chair. Not a big problem because we didn't spend time gazing out the window. The bathroom was a nice size and had an amazing showerhead. Nice details include a Keuring with K-cups, a clock radio with hook up for IPod/IPhone, nice shampoo, body lotion etc and comfortable beds/pillows.

We did eat in the lobby restaurant at the breakfast buffet. The food was delicious and the staff was very nice. A good deal for $12.95.

Overall our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

First of all.. any and all Red Sox fans are welcome at our hotel, redsox721. :-) Thank you for the great review of our property. The Keurigs are a new addition to our hotel and I'm thrilled that we got them. What a great machine! We are continuing to tweak and improve our breakfast. Did you try one of our Chef Specials?

Regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I attended a workshop at this hotel duringthe beginning of a snow storm. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Although the workshop administrators did not provide lunch, we went across the street and brought it back from Naked Fish. The manager, Gil Jimenez, was very accommodating and gave us complimentary sodas to drink with our food.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Ali M,
Thanks for attending event at our hotel. We'll need to make sure to have a lunch option available the next time. Not every event manager provides one, but we've had a few trial runs where we opened the restaurant for lunch that worked well.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I used hotwire.com, paid $88.00 for the room pre paid.....treated me as the rest. Great staff.....was allowed to check in at 10 am, had a company party down the road. The staff was very helpfull, and the bar looked nice.

Hi, Christian.
That is a great rate! Our guests aren't dollar signs and I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the wonderful comments on our staff.

-Tim

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel. My main complaint is that I was unable to access the WIFI. My laptop would not connect and there was no hardwire connection in my room. The room was small and very crowded with the 2 beds. The one nice thing I can say is that the towels were nice.

Room Tip: Nothing to suggest.

Hi, Marshall.
I'm disappointed that we weren't able to give you a great experience. We have not had many WiFi complaints, so I would love to get more feedback, if possible. We improved and expanded our internet bandwidth 10 fold in 2013. In addition, the majority of our rooms do support a wired connection. I'm very sorry that yours did not.
We are actually in the process of surveying our site to improve WiFi connections even more.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hotel use to be a very nice hotel for rooms and restaurant. It's been several years of packed rooms and beds need an update. Pillow tops on beds are worn out and hard as rock now. Restaurant menu is stale and needs a refresh. Rate have also gong from 149 to 179 range to 239 to 259 range with no extra bang for the buck.

Hi, Kevin N.
I'm very sorry to hear that you don't see more value in our property. We did complete a full renovation in early 2013 which included new mattresses. In general, rates in the Waltham area have expanded significantly in the past two years. I think that if you compare our hotel to others, you will find that we are one of the best values in the area.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed a number of times at this Hilton Garden Inn (Waltham) and I continue to be favorably impressed. Compliments to the breakfast wait staff. They were very courteous and helpful and friendly. A good reflection on the hotel management. Both mornings I had a positive experience which made my stay more pleasant. I also want to compliment Emily at the front desk who checked me in. I was quite early due to changed travel plans. Within 30 minutes she had my room cleaned and ready for me – I was very impressed and appreciative. Hotel is very clean and pleasant. I will be back next week and I look forward that visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

JM, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Your comments on our staff have been shared with the team and are very much appreciated. Emily is a recent Employee of the Month award winner and is a great asset to our hotel. Please be sure to stay with us again, if you are in the area.

-Tim

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed one night on Thanksgiving. Hotel, in general, and room, in particular, were very clean. Breakfast was somewhat chaotic, but the positive attitude of the staff was outstanding. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family