“Quiet, comfortable and convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel staff reminded me of how friendly folks on the East Coast are - felt like family! The heating system worked quietly and efficiently unlike some of the noisy on/off systems too often found in cold climates.

1  Thank Dick K

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Just completed a 3-day trip to Waltham and stayed here for three nights. The place was clean, staff was very friendly and personable, and the location was great for my purposes. Breakfast buffet came with my reservation and room service s also available. Two nice restaurants also across the street and definitely within walking distance. Front desk staff and restaurant staff were very attentive. Will likely stay here again on my next trip to Waltham. Would recommend for someone traveling on business.

1  Thank KMRadz
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

2nd time staying here. The lobby and common areas have been reconfigured and like the layout. I had reserved a king but upon check in was provided a queen which made for a tight fit in the space near the desk - unfortunate as I had to do a good amount of work there in the evenings. Got over that and Hilton provided me a "sorry!" free drink and meal coupon (thanks). But then to make life a bit more challenging, the free (nice!) WiFi was slower than the snails on a cold January night! Typical download was at 1.4mbs and really impacted the quantity of work that I could accomplish. I had to stay here (company directive during this trip) but typically when I have a choice, I stay across the way at the Courtyard given that it has superior free (nice!) WiFi that allows me to be productive even in the evening... and (!), they have underground parking!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed overnight recently on a trip to the area. What a nice place and a great comfortable room. Everyone was very nice that we met and I can't wait to go back and enjoy the hotel. This hotel is one of the reasons I look for Hilton garden Inns when I'm on the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Lucky2931,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. Your positive words about our staff and hotel are exciting to read. I would also love to know what we could have done differently in order to earn that 5th star. If you have the opportunity to reach out to me, I would love that additional feedback.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Good value. Good service. Good everything ! There are many hotel options in the Waltham area. We have tried many of them during our visits. The HGI has now become our hotel of choice. The rooms, business facilities, exercise facilities and restaurant are well kept and clean.

William B,

We are all so happy to read that we have made a loyal guest out of you. Thank you for you lovely comments on Tripadvisor. We'll see you soon. :-)

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed overnight for a business trip to Cambridge. Asked for a top floor & got the 6th. It was nice and quiet. There is a bar with fairly loud music on the ground floor, which is fine, as long as I can get some rest after a long day & drive. Been in enough hotels where it's hard to adjust to the new surroundings. Did not try the restaurant, so can't give any input on that. The room was clean, everything was modern. Internet access was ok. I would DEFINITELY stay there again.

Hi, Frank.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our newly remodeled bar does get a lot of attention on busy nights. I'm glad that it did not impact your stay and you were able to get a good night's rest.

Regards,