“Great place to stay!!!”

Courtyard Boston Waltham
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is a wonderful hotel; it had a great view. The rooms are the largest of any Courtyard I have stayed at; plenty of room and comfortable beds. The bistro had very good breakfast and the hotel is very clean and well kept. The staff is very polite and helpful in reccomending things to do in the area. We will be sure to stay again when we are in the Boston area.

Room Tip: The rooms with the better view face the highway so may be a little noisy at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
CYWalthamGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Mike G,

Thank you for your kind words about our Courtyard here in Waltham. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with our Bistro restaurant as well. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Dan Gregorio

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stay here often when traveling for business in the Boston area. The hotel is conveniently located, has a friendly staff, clean well kept rooms and a great lobby for breakfast. The hotel is often expensive but that is most of the hotels in the area so if given the choice of the other accommodations in the area, I would prefer to stay here. The staff usually remembers to offer me complimentary water or snacks for being a Marriott Rewards member. The fact that there is Starbucks coffee available in the lobby is a BIG plus in my book. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very convenient location, appears newly re-finished. Stayed two nights, two rooms (adjoining, which was key -with my wife and young kids). Good bistro in lobby which serves 3 meals. Excellent customer service. I stay in a lot of hotels and still was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

When I needed to stay in Waltham recently, this was a great choice. It's right off the highway but the rooms were quiet and clean. The business center just off the lobby offered computers for guests to use, with printers at the ready. The real benefit was that within a mile there is a fantastic hilly park full of wooded trails that's perfect for running in -- and for me that tends to make the difference between a good hotel and a great one. Most hotels these days have fitness centers, but a park like this one is a real treasure when you travel and want to stay active.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My family has stayed in three Waltham, MA hotels, and this was the best of the three. Room was really nice and spacious. They had snacks to buy in the lobby. There's a Starbucks in the lobby also. Very nice people.

Location is an issue - it's right off the freeway, so if you're brave enough to drive into Boston, you can. There's no shuttle anywhere, so if you rely on public transportation, you're out of luck. Best bet is to rent a car and drive to the Alewife T station to get into Boston. Taxi from Alewife to the hotel was $40, and it was a 10 minute ride.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Napoleon217
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Jen was outstanding! She was very kind and courteous going out of her way to make rearrangements for my family.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I had confirmed reservations for 2 nights, June 18 and June 19 when, after a long ride up from New York, I arrived at the hotel where I was told that I did not have a reservation. Other guests who had been staying there had decided to stay longer so they were given my room. This apparently routinely happens because, I was told, Mass. allows it and because Marriott allows their platinum preferred members forty eight hours to extend their stay. But I was not given any notice at all, and I am a preferred member. What made it worse was that no staff below the general mgr. handled it professionally. It was like a oh, well, kind of attitude. I had to stay at the Holiday Inn Express which was not nice at all.
We will routinely be coming to Boston as my child will be going to college here and, in fact, we return at the end of August. I will not be making a reservation here because we would not be sure that when we came up to Boston, that we would have a room and that we were not bumped. I do not think they should have bumped me. And, if they had to, they should have called me so I could have made other plans. And the treatment by staff, other than the general mgr. was certainly not hospitable.

Room Tip: You should remember that they have a policy of bumping guests so if you plan on staying here, it is...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family