Courtyard Boston Waltham
Best Western Plus Waltham Boston(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$170
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfire pitunderground parkingoutdoor patiosafe areasmall poolhot tubfrequent travelerthe holiday inn expressoff the highwayking roomgas stationother hotelsmini fridgei highly recommend this hotelvery nice stayfirst floorfitness center
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The hotel lobby & my room are very nice. My room was super quiet, which I loved, and it allowed me to sleep through the night. But it's the hotel staff that really helped make my stay enjoyable. They went out of their way to make sure I could get where I wanted to go, and more importantly, get back! They helped me out when I got stranded after hours and got me back to the hotel safely at night - thank you Matt, the night Manager!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed next door at the Holiday Inn Express, but was hungry for dinner and the Bistro at the Marriott Courtyard in Waltham was a quick walk across the parking lot. This is a cool and trendy looking place to get a drink and grab a bite. Modern fixtures and an eclectic, comfy assortment of seating gives this location an upscale casual feel that makes you just want to hang out in the space for hours. The staff were super friendly and efficient. Grabbed a quick bite, and I mean quick. Whoa...I ordered my food and it was out in less than 10 minutes. Had some great buffalo wings with a terrific spicy kick and a frosty Sam Adams to start with. Plenty of napkins were provided for this messy treat and cool, crisp carrots and celery sticks with a blue cheese dipping sauce cut the heat a bit of the tangy, spicy, and crispy wings. My next course was disappointing. I got a seasonal salad which was the chopped fall salad with horseradish ranch dressing. Sounds good, right? Separately everything tasted great, but the combination was off. The horseradish dressing just did not go with the Granny Smith apple chunks and the sweet chewy dried cranberries. The tomatoes and the green onions clashed with these fall classics as well. The dressing was yummy and out of this world and would have tasted great with just the mixed green, bacon, walnuts and tomatoes, but throw in the cranberries and apples and this combination was less than tasty. I think I just ordered the wrong thing...I saw heaping baskets of crispy fries and juicy burgers being gobbled up at the next table.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The hotel has been recently redone. It's clean, modernized, and the bistro had many choices for breakfast. Didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities but they all looked well maintained. The staff is helpful and one of my colleagues had an issue with his foreigh credit card and the general manager solved the problem with accounting. Great for business and even though it's close to the highway it is isolated from the noise and you do not hear anything in your room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2012

One of the nicer Courtyard by Marriott properties. Very friendly and helpful staff (they made some excellent restaurant recommendations). Room was clean and quiet. Hotel has recently been renovated. Didn't use the gym, but it looked good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in August. To be honest, in spite of the reviews, I was not particularly optimistic since my 'old' impression of courtyards was of pretty cheap, no frills hotel chain (admittedly, it had been a while). But, we had points, and were not planning on hanging out at the hotel.

Banish those thoughts, if you have them - this is a great hotel, one of the better ones I've been in (and I have stayed in Ritz Carltons, Bevery Wilshire, etc many times on business)! The hotel was recently redone and it shows. The rooms are very well equipped and pleasantly comfortable, even the couch. The mattress was so great we asked what it was - got an prompt and complete response via email within 2 days. There is a great outdoor patio with firepit - even tho the hotel had overlooks 128, it is high up, and the noise doesn't detract from the very pleasant area to hang out. Indoors, the lounges were more like a living room, except for the smart screesn and many computers available! And we did purchase food from the bistro - people were very pleasant, food was good and reasonable.

We are currently building a house and I also asked the manager about the name of the tile in the baths as it was similar to what I am looking for - he was great, kept emailing me with his progress as he attempted to find out, even over the course of a couple of weeks! He didn't drop me off his to-do list, which I really appreciated. His approach was indicative of all the staff we encountered.

We go to this area often - definitely will stay here again - easy hop by car into Boston or nearby towns.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family