“Yum”

Ranked #18 of 188 Restaurants in Waltham
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Kennebunk, Maine
“Yum”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I eat here while on business in Waltham. I was great by a fresh salsa chips and sauce. The staff was very attentive and the menu has a wide choice of items. I tried a house special. It came out prompt and was pleasant to the eye. The flavors were excellent with just the right amount of heat to wake the taste buds without burning your tongue. The price are inexpensive yet the food excels.

Visited February 2014

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Fun, Fun, Fun!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

What a great place!! I´ve driven past this place so many times so I decided to finally give it a shot. Its certainly a casual place, no fancy table cloths or anything. Its just a fun place to share a pitcher of sangria (there was a band playing while we were there), chat, eat chips and then chow down on some solid Mexican food. For a casual, inexpensive, enjoyable meal Taqueria Mexico is the place. Can´t wait to come back when its warm enough to sit outside.

• Visited October 2013
Waltham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible disappointment”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I always liked the place, for its food and atmosphere, but last night's experience has cause us to revise our opinion: the service was rude and totally uncaring - we didn't even have dinner. There were three couples waiting ahead of us. When tables became available, one couple was seated at a 4-person booth, two at two-person tables. When two more 4-person tables became available, the manager decided to ignore us and seat two parties of four who had arrived later. We waited a bit longer, but he did not seem in the least interested in seating us, so we decided to leave. We told him, but he couldn't care less. We will miss the food and it is sad, but it will be a long time before we go back there.

• Visited December 2013
boston
“One of the worst meals I've ever had”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I rarely leave a negative review, however because this establishment had such high overall reviews I feel it's important to share my experience too.

My husband and I visited today for lunch and sat in a booth along the right hand wall. The carpeting that ran alongside it was littered with crumbs and paper and needed a good vacuuming.

The menus are poorly written and incomplete. For example, the ingredients listed for the meal I ordered did not include cheese and -- guess what? It was prepared with cheese.

Entrees were mediocre at best.

The guacamole was unlike any I've ever had. The predominant taste was not avocado -- it was salt!

Coffee ordered never came.

We had to ask several times for our check.

Very disappointing.

I'm glad that others have had better experiences and, if you visit, I hope you do too.

• Visited December 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Waltham has its choices of Mexican food but this place is by far the best Mexican around. Authentic Mexican food, great family atmosphere. You can't beat a whole authentic meal for under 10 bucks. A must go if you like Mexican.

Visited December 2013