“Good Tapas Outside of the City”

Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 188 Restaurants in Waltham
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cushing Street
Transit: Waltham Commuter Rail is located 4 blocks away.
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Good Tapas Outside of the City”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been to Solea about 4 different times, and each time the food has been delivered quickly and has been fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is great, although the acoustics can get to be a bit difficult to hear your company. The tables are also fairly small and close together, which can make it difficult to juggle the many plates, but overall you can make it work!

Sitting along the street side of Moody also allows for some interesting people watching, especially in the warmer months when the windows are open.

• Visited February 2014

Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
“Good food and drink, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The front desk was incredibly accomodating and was able to squeeze us into a window seat on a beautiful day at the last minute. I thought the variety of food was great, the lobster ravioli and artichokes were both amazing. Everything else we ate was good - not over the top spectacular. We tried the scallops and garlic shrimp, both were standard but could have used more flavor (scallops could have been seared). The red sangria wasn't quite as good as I remember from the last time I at at Solea. I would return to have some light tapas and a drink by the window, but likely wouldn't spend the $$ on a full dinner as it does add up quickly here.

• Visited May 2014
“Perfect gathering place”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I first visited Solea last year when I was in town with my husband and son for a soccer tournament. We met extended family for tapas after a game, and I have been thinking about it ever since!

We were just back in the area for the same soccer tournament and met family there on Sunday night; I was so happy to find that not only did Solea live up to my memory, but surpassed it!

Everything we ordered was delicious. We were an eclectic group ranging from 12 to 60 years old, people with food allergies and a vegetarian. It did not matter. We ordered many dishes and all managed to share. My favorite thing were the prunes stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon. Or wait! Maybe it was the broccolii and cauliflower fritters! Or the asparagus croquettes! Or the red beans and rice! I really can't decide. The sangria was just right. Our adult daughter ordered a porron filled with cava, which resulted in an hysterical and civilized drinking challenge. Don't know what a porron is? Neither did I before last night; you need to experience it!

The service at Solea is fabulous. Our server was knowledgeable, attentive, and happy. She was not even thrown for a loop by my husband's bizarre request to split the bill into 3/7 and 4/7 pieces. Seriously- he asked. Seriously - she did the math with a smile. Very impressive!

I cannot wait to go back to Solea. It feels like a giant celebration being there even when it's just an ordinary Sunday.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good tapas, nice atmosphere, great value”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Meeting up friends, sharing tapas and a few beers is an ideal option. This restaurant is a good choice - busy but not too noisy. Service is fine, though they kept trying whisk the menus away (we wanted to just keep ordering a few plates at a time, as you tend to do in tapas bars!) But the orders were taken, the food arrived quickly, and it was good. I think if we hadn't had so much to talk about, we would happily have eaten more, but the conversation used so much time the bill was kept down!

Visited May 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Fun Tapas Place”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have eaten here many times, most recently after a movie with our grown son and his wife.

This is a dependably fin lace to eat. The variety of the tapas is very good, and the service is fine. the only complaint this time is that the order got a little fouled up -- some stuff came late and some didn;t ever show up. I realize this is difficult for a tapas place, but you would think they would be extra careful.

Still and all, we will go back again and again. Tapas is so congenial!

• Visited April 2014