“Great Korean and Japanese Food”
Review of Sushi Box

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi Box
Ranked #108 of 189 Restaurants in Waltham
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
“Great Korean and Japanese Food”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Best sushi and bento box meal in the area. I've been coming here for several years, despite their name (and/or management) changes and they've always delivered good quality food. They're not on the cheap side for a meal but it's been very tasty. If you like scallops, try the Volcano maki (it's cooked). They also have a great bento dinner box that comes with something from both the sushi bar and the kitchen. Their Korean food is very authentic so you probably won't go wrong w/ any of those menu items. Their service is not typically super attentive/fast but I don't think they mind being prompted for whatever it is you need (e.g., water refill, etc.).

• Visited April 2014

Newton, Massachusetts
“Very good food, very nice place”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We've enjoyed quite a few meals at the Sushi Box - several lunches, a celebratory dinner with family, dinner with friends - and always enjoyed it. The food is very good; the service is excellent; the restaurant is very pleasant. It's nice to have a choice between Japanese, Korean and sushi because there's something here for everybody. The tempura is great; the sushi party boat is great; the kim chee is excellent. Tonight I had Jaap Chae and it was terrific - fresh vegetables perfectly stir fried with lovely cellophane noodles and beef. The Una Ju (broiled eel) was also very good. We'll be back! They also offer take out and delivery.

• Visited March 2014
Weston, Massachusetts
“I'm a fan”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Love there sticky rice and cucumber rolls my wife's favorite are the shrimp rolls.the prices are very fair.

Visited February 2013
Loveland, CO
“Not bad sushi, but not good either.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went here with 3 other colleagues and I was very unimpressed. We were the ONLY table at 6pm on a Monday night and the service was AWFUL. The waitress gave us a "I really don't care about you at all" attitude and never refilled my water in over an hour. We even had to ask her to come over and take our order. The sushi tasted very 'so-so.' There was nothing that excited me whatsoever and I was very happy that it was all on the company's dime and not mine. The sushi was boring. The restaurant was boring. And the staff was boring. I won't go here again on my next trip out.

• Visited March 2012
mashpee
“OK but no urge to go back”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have been eating at this location for many years now, under many different owners. It is called the Sushi Box out front at present. I usually get the shrimp and vegetable tempura, with maki and miso. The tempura tasted like older oil and slightly overcooked. Hard to evaluate the batter under these conditions. The miso was heavy and the maki tasted like it had been prepared much earlier. Not bad, just not as good as it had been previously, and the prices were higher. With other, better restaurants nearby, I'll have to have a craving for tempura for my next visit, if Ginger in Bedford is still closed for reconstruction.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Sushi Box? Share your experiences!