“Boston Tour”

Boston Tours Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Waltham
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you don't want to fight the traffic, and have never been to Boston, this would be the trip to take. They will pick you up at your hotel, great feature, and take you around Boston. You get an overview. Don't expect much, just someone else doing the driving. Next time I will know what I want to see and where to find it, or which tour will take me to what I want to see. It was long, and the driver was nice, but, the lame jokes wore on me after the first 2 hours. (Sorry) Couldn't really see much from the bus. Got a chance to get out and stretch your legs, but not enough time to get to places that the bus doesn't elaborate on. Bottom line, good for a first visit. Pricey.

3  Thank HappyVacationer458

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Took a tour with Neal and completely enjoyed. He is born and raised in Boston and knows the city very well. The day we went, there was road construction going into the city. He knew a back way in to avoid the congestion thus still allowing for a complete tour. We were leaving on a cruise the next day so wanted to see as much as possible. I chose this company because they have smaller vehicles, max of 20 people. This smaller size allows for a more personalized tour. Everyone enjoyed Neal's wit and "bad" jokes. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to see the most of Boston in the shortest time. You can look at their website for all the stops, and we hit them all plus a couple extra.

2  Thank remarcm
Reviewed 24 August 2012

It was so nice having the boston tours bus pick us up from the Red Roof Inn in Southborough. Our group was small, only the 4 of us and a couple from Canada. Our driver was hilarious and even made fun of how we Michiganians pronounce "art" compared to the locals. We drove thru Harvard University and visited several historic sites such as George Washingtons command headquarters house. After that we stopped at the Bunker Hill Monument. There are 294 steps to the top if you want to try it. My legs were sore for the rest of the day but I did it. Then it was off to a navy shipyard. We climbed aboard an old WWII ship in dry dock. Next door was the USS Constitution which looks like an old pirate ship but we didnt have time to board it.

For our lunch break the driver dropped us off behind the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Boston. I liked seeing the old north church where Paul Revere hung the lanterns to warn of the British coming. We crammed a lot into our tour and I feel it was money well spent. I would have had a nervous breakdown navigating around Boston and Charlestown (they filmed "The Town" with Ben Affleck there).

3  Thank beachbum40w
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I don't know how our driver Dennis managed to get us around Boston so well what with picking up riders at various far out of town hotels and then fighting downtown Boston traffic. We began at our pick up point around 8:30 a.m. and arrived back there before 5 p.m. We rode around in a 20 passenger van and we hit all the important spots. Dennis was friendly and informative. If you go be careful where you eat at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. It's easy to get snookered with a bad and expensive choice. If you don't want to drive into Boston but want to see it this is a good option. Just be ready for riding many hours. I doubt that we could have managed this on our own.

2  Thank Pittipats